Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Ive been playing Necrons for about 3 months and have built up just over 2000 pts.
I have entered a tournament at my local club and will be playing 6, 1850pt games on the 29th and 30th of May.
Ive had a few practice games against Tau, Orks, Eldar, IG and Nids with my Crons achieving 3 Wins / 1 Draw / 4 Losses.
My current 1850 list includes
1 lord - destroyer body / scythe / gaze of flame
and on the shelf
1 lord on foot
4 flayed ones
1 Tomb spyder
Any advice for making a balanced, tournament army list for this points bracket? Should I swap out anything from my shelf? Im half tempted to use a Nightbringer even after reading the reasons not to take him. perhaps even ditching the wraiths and the lord for him since they always seem to die quick as...
oh and 1 more thing - the tournament special rules.
The margin of victory lets you know how many Battle Points you gain, the person with the most battle points wins the tournament.
Victorious Slaughter = 12 Battle Points
Crushing Victory = 10 Battle Points
Minor Victory =8 Battle Points
Draw =6 Battle Points
Minor Loss =4 Battle Points
Crushing Loss =2 Battle Points
Massacred =0 Battle Points
You gain 1 Battle Point for each of the following secondary objectives:
- Killing the most expensive enemy commander
- Killing the most expensive enemy unit
- Having a scoring unit in your enemies deployment zone
- Having no enemy units in your deployment zone
Anyway any advice / list changes / tactics / tricks would be greatly appreciated
My 1850 list won me 3rd place general.
Hide the wraiths and when your deceiver makes his first assault, have the wraiths join (great extra attacks). Front the monolith forward and use the destroyers are your major firepower. As to the warriors...depends on your opponent, but heavy assaulty keep them BACK and fire, don't be afraid to skip shooting to fall back and stay out of assault range! Tau, guard, etc...charge the warriors forward and play the out fire fight match.
"There is only do, or do not. There is no try." - Yoda
Necrons W68-D13-L10 (3rd edition codex)
Necrons W3-D1-L1 (latest codex)
Skaven still being assembled
since my games will be 100% Objective based how about a list tailored to hold / contest objectives
Lord with Scythe, Orb and Veil
3 Scarabs Swarms
3 Scarab Swarms
1. Park the Warriors and Nightbringer on any objectives my side of the board. The warriors to hold the objectives and the Nightbringer to discourage enemies assaulting the warriors / help the warriors out in the event that they do get assaulted.
2. Keep the 2 scarab swarms out of LoS or constantly turbo boosting for the 2+ cover save. Come turn 5 send each unit to contest enemy objectives.
3. Keep the destroyers moving and alive if possible. When / if they get reduced to a single model keep it alive by turbo boosting / LoSing and then move to contest come turn 5.
4. Park the monolith on another objective and keep another warrior squad within 18' or keep it close to the warriors & Nightbringer to help out with WBB rolls.
5. Use the lord + veil to move either a warrior squad onto an unclaimed objective or to take the immortals to an advantageous fire point (rear armor, units out of LoS etc.) Could also use the veil for the secondary objective of having a unit in the enemy deployment area.
So to summarize:
-Hold 1-2 Objectives with Warriors supported by Rez Orb / Veil Lord, Nightbringer and Monolith.
-Use available firepower to thin units headed towards Necron held objectives.
-Mop up units that make it to the warriors with the Nightbringer
-Piss off your opponent with the immortals.
-Come end of the game contest enemy units with the destroyers, the two scarab units, or the Lord with Orb and Veil.
What do you think? Am I missing anything? What do we all think of this list for a 1850 List?
Warscythe on the lord
1x Tomb Spyder
The tomb spyder will add to your tarpit in lou of scarabs alone and in all likelyhood it will more than likely force your oopponent into moving elsewhere to avoid losing armor saves. The warscythe is virtually worthless in the sense that you will more than likely not be including your lord with an assault based unit, your nightbringer will fill the role that you're trying to get out of your lord better anyways. All of this will give you a better chance to seal off objectives and win you games rather than grinding into a draw with only three troop choices as one of your objectives is almost sure fire with a veil lord. The tomb spyder is there to keep around at least one of your units of destroyers afloat till the time comes to hop on an objective. Hope everything works out well
I wonder if there will be cake.....