Librarium Online Forums banner

1750 necrons HELP PLEASE

<2000 
252 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  lawk 
#1 ·
I just got a huge supply of models for next to nothing and im new to the 40k universe. i have a tournament in a few weeks and want to tweek my list. Any suggestions?
Lord- War Scythe, Phylactery, Destroyer Body, Resurrection Orb
Lord- Resurrection Orb, Veil of Darkness
16 Warriors
16 Warriors
16 Warrior
3 Destroyers
3 Destroyers
Monolith
Any criticism welcome.
thanks

#2 ·
Well, first off, welcome to the 40K universe and more specifically, the necron tombs (evil mechanical laughter).

I'll leave others to fill you in on the finer details but:
I'd take the warriors in units of 10 only. Any more than 10 is just wasted as you'll suffer more from being swept away in CC (kind of like losing your models outright if the close combat goes really badly for you).

If you had the models, I'd take the destroyers in units of 4. (2 lots of 4 destroyers). More survivable this way and the extra shots help.

Other than that, its fine. Although, I think you may receive some criticism from others about the lords, specifically their wargear.

Also, if you're new to 40K, I'd get in a quite a lot of games before the tournament to see what works for you or even put off this tournament until you're better adjusted and prepared.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.