<1000 Fun/decent 1000p army (need help) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: is this a good first fun/comp list

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • it's allright

2 33.33%
  • it's horrible

1 16.67%
  • it's pretty good

3 50.00%
  • it's "different"

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fun/decent 1000p army (need help)

Hey guys thanks for reading, I'm just starting an army and i need to make the most of my aobr models.
    Here's what i got so far (feel free to critisice or support or say what your thinking).

Squad 1: Warboss with power klaw and twin linked shoota =90p,
    5 Nobz with eavy armour, big choppas, waagh! banner and 2xbosspole, = 180p
    Trukk with grot rigger, reinforced ram = 50p

Squad 2: 20 slugga boyz +2 big shootas, +
    Nob leader with power claw and bosspole = 170p

Squad 3: 20 slugga boyz +2 big shootas, +
    Nob leader with power claw and bosspole = 170p

Squad 4: 20 shoota boyz +2 rocket launchers = 140p

Squad 5: 3 deffkoptas +twin linked rocket launchers + 1 buzz saw + 3 big bomb= 185p

Total=1000

Thank you for any feedback and just remember it's my first army ever so I don't know the fine mechanics.
    Please reply and tell me what to change.
    Cheers, Da White Ork

Last edited by c54367; April 14th, 2010 at 15:30. Reason: left something unspecified

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

Your army looks like it's off to a good start, but there are a few changes/tweaks I'd make:

1. I'd give the warboss 'eavy armor and a cybork body. It's important to keep him alive until he strikes at initiative 1.

2. Drop the big choppas and 1 bosspole from the nobz. A second bosspole doesn't do anything, since you can't re-roll the same die twice, and big choppas are a waste. Instead, give them 1 powerklaw and a combi-skorcha. Eventually, a painboy and cybork bodies will also help, but at this point level it's good enough without them.

3. Drop grot riggers from the trukk. It's too easy to destroy it to warrant the upgrade. Ram is all you need. Be sure to keep it hidden in cover. Also, on a side note, you might want to start this unit in reserve, because otherwise it's going to attract a lot of fire early on.

4. Big bombs are a terrible investment. I've never seen them do diddly squat. The buzzsaw is okay, but not necessary, if you need the points elsewhere.

5. Use the points from the big bombs and/or buzzsaw to give the shoota boyz a nob, powerklaw and bosspole.

6. When expanding your army, you might want to consider getting lootas and/or big gunz. Don't bother with the official big gunz pewter units. Just buy a single imperial guard weapons team and a box of grots. ^_^

Good luck!
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=mynameisgrax;1675248]Your army looks like it's off to a good start, but there are a few changes/tweaks I'd make:

Thanks man and thanks for the help aswell i was starting to wonder if anyone would even reply.

1. I'd give the warboss 'eavy armor and a cybork body. It's important to keep him alive until he strikes at initiative 1.

2. Drop the big choppas and 1 bosspole from the nobz. A second bosspole doesn't do anything, since you can't re-roll the same die twice, and big choppas are a waste. Instead, give them 1 powerklaw and a combi-skorcha. Eventually, a painboy and cybork bodies will also help, but at this point level it's good enough without them.

Yeah I ran out of ideas what to spend points on so i just shoved it into big bomms and random stuff.

Here's my new list taking into consideration what you've said

Squad 1: Warboss with Power klaw, eavy armour and cybork body =105
    leading 5 nobz with eavy armour, bosspole, waaagh! banner and 1 power klaw= 170
    In a trukk with reinforced ram (reserve) = 45

Squad 2: 20 boyz with 2 big shootas (remove them as casualties before i charge)
    With a Nob leader with power klaw and boss pole = 170

Squad 3: 20 boyz with 2 big shootas (remove them as casualties before i charge)
    With a Nob leader with power klaw and boss pole = 170

Squad 4: 20 Shoota boyz with 2 rocket launchers,
    Nob leader with power klaw and boss pole = 180

Squad 5: 3 deffkoptas with twin linked rocket launchers and one buzz saw = 160p

total = 1000

would take combi scorcher but not enough points and seeing as they are mainly going to be close combat i thought the other things were more important.

thanks for your help, tell me how you think this one is

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

The army's looking pretty sweet. Good luck!
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thx man

Thx man, thanks to the new army list i got another vote of pretty good and thank you aswell to that voter and any voters in future.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

please say why

Can that guy who wrote that it's horrible please say why, because i get the feeling from other peoples reactions that it's not that bad and i get the feeling that you were just doing it to be a noob and get some thrill out of it. But if not please prove me wrong i would love to hear why my list sucks.

+ Reply to Thread