<2000 1500 pts friendly torney list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 pts friendly torney list

Going to a beer drinking weekend with a 1500pt 5 round tourney attached next weekend. Anyone able to point out any illegalities or major flaws (apart from anti tank - which relies on trygon, and to a lesser extent tyant and stealers). everything reserves and then hits hard.....

Tyrant
    Hive Commander
    Stranglethorn Cannon
    Scything Talons 215

Doom
    Mycetic Spore
    Cluster spines 140

8 Toxic stealers136
    8 Toxic stealers136
    8 Toxic stealers136
    8 Toxic stealers136

Trygon200
    Trygon200
    Trygon200

Last edited by Mr Slayer; April 18th, 2010 at 15:49. Reason: corrected format

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x1)

Hey.

I like the simplicity of this list. The only major one i can see is the lack of synapse, i know you have built the list not to need it, but i think the doom may not be a synapse creature which leave you a little stranded if you cant get your HT up there. Note that trygons are instinctive feed so yes they will devour out of synapse range, but you wont have much choice what they go for which leaves your opponent to choose which units to sacrifice ala congo line.

Like i said, love the simplicist, everything in here is nasty.

Senior Member soul of the brood's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why would he need synapse? also, how are you protecting your genestealers from bolter-death?
    I would try to fit in a second tyrant plus hive commander, if you are planning this sort of list, and maybe switch out a couple of stealer broods for outflanking hormogaunts, or gaunts, whatever floats your boat.
    Siggy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Overall this list did well, only let down by my experience (or rather lack of experience). 2 massacre wins, 1 minor win (it would have been a massacre if the game had not finished early due time constraints), 1 minor ish loss (he castled, my reserves came in the wrong side, I died - plus the scenario was a bad one for me), and I massacre against me by the tourney winner. 40 odd players. Top half finish in 1st tourney. I am happy. Next time around I think I drop 2 stealer sqauds and add in a flanking tervigin and a sqaud of gaunts to babysit my home HQ. Probably drop the weapon on the pod as well. Star player of this list was Trygon, people could not take them down - particualrly as they had a doom to worry about.

+ Reply to Thread