<2000 1700 Eldar Mech Spam - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    284 (x5)

1700 Eldar Mech Spam

Been toying around with the idea for an eldar mech spam list and came up with the following list, Curious what you think about it.

Please just comment on the concept I'm not looking for a completely different list, Thank you

hq:
    Farseer: doom, spear, runes of warding ( Psychic defence)

Troops:

5 DA's, waveserpent (scatterlaser,ss) Pope mobile a.k.a. Farser ride
    5 DA's, waveserpent (scatterlaser,ss)
    5 DA's, waveserpent (Brightlance,ss)

Elite:

5 FD's, waveserpent (scatterlaser,ss)

Totaal: 1698

8 Gravtanks using the might of the eldar armour to stay alive (energy fields rock with the current melta crazed world). It still has 5 scoring units how ever they need the Serpent to stay alive .

The Farseer provides doom support within the serpent, and the runes keep enemy Psychics at bay.

3 Tl Bright lances and 15 Melta guns should provide some decent AT while the Scatterlasers Provide a torrent of fire and if combined with doom will blast just about anything off the table, from gaunt swarm to deamon Prince. 20 Twinlined S6 shots will drop things

So what do you think? Comments are welcome

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x4)

I would look at picking up some fireprisms. Barebones they are a bit more vulnerable than a waveserpent but when you factor the cost of the unit inside the fireprism is cheaper by a decent amount. I would also look at perhaps dropping some weapons to shuriken cannons to save points or upgrading to EMLs to give you a bit better ranged AT. Although with 3 firedragon units AT shouldn't be to hard. Other than that it looks like a decent serpent spam army.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    284 (x5)

hey nakaruru,

I love fire Prism to bits but you need at least 2 to make it worth the while. To do this I would need to drop a Firedragon serpent and a Brightlance back to a scatterlaser and the spear (230) So I lost a TL- Brightlance shot, 4 Scatterlaser SHots and 5 metla shots to take them. I don't know it that would be worth it but might be a nice try to see if it has potential. I prefer the Brightlances over the EML because I need the Range AT to take on AV 14 the rest I can easily stun or destroy with the scatter lasers. (used to necron destroyers )

I've never seen armies like this around here, Is there a real problem with these lists or is it just that it might be a bit boring to play?

Cheers CJ

p.s. List with your comments worked in:

hq:95
    Farseer: doom, runes of warding (beetje Psychic defence)

Troops:965
    5 DA's, waveserpent (scatterlaser,ss) Pope mobile

Elite:410

Heavy: 230
    Fire Prism
    Fire Prism

It's pretty scary 9 Av12 Fast Skimmer Tanks pretty fierce I think
    Last edited by forumjayz; April 19th, 2010 at 11:03.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This was my version, which I used on Vassal during 4th edition:
    Eldar Tank 1500

Autarch
    scorpion chainsword
    Mandiblasters

5 Dire Avengers
    Wave serpent TL shuriken cannon, Shuriken Cannon

5 Dire Avengers

5 Dire Avengers

5 Dire Avengers

5 Dire Avengers
    Wave serpent TL Bright lances

5 Dire Avengers
    Wave serpent TL Bright lances

Fire Prism

Fire Prism

Fire Prism
    Last edited by Mike Rutch; April 19th, 2010 at 11:45. Reason: add points total
    Quote Originally Posted by Legendx
    *swallows pride* hey prince mike rutch, did you have a good day? *collapses*
    Quote Originally Posted by wakopanda
    so mike is to blame for all the chat deaths on earth
    Sval Foundation

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

284 (x5)

Nice list mike, just couple of notes on it :

dual shurikan cannon upgrade really limits your movement and the extra 2 shots aren't twinlinked so it's only about 1 more shot and you sacrifice 6"movement. also I never leave home without my Spirit Stones I love moving. Contesting end game and tankshocking if shaken makes them a lot more useful.

I had an Autarch in my list aswell (at the cost of the Brightlances) to give me the +1 reserve but the extra Birghtlances are worth it I think . But in your list he really serves his purpose of cheap and effective HQ. I would have given him a melta gun though for some extra AT

Nice list overall how did it perform? and how is it to play with such a list?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In fourth, it worked both really well, and terribly.
    I'll start with the terribly part.
    I tried playing against Svalene on Vassal. She surrendered half way through the deployment. I'm not sure if it intimidated her, or she knew she was about to play a really boring, cheesy list, but I felt pretty dodgy about that one.

Onto the part where it worked well:
    4th edition = str 6 defensive guns, so at the time it was brilliant.
    The list had a great intimidation factor, I could move the entire army anywhere on the board, and most importantly (I was playing primarily against Tau at the time) There were too many targets, with not a lot of differences, making my opponent have no idea where to shoot each turn. Nothing stood out as being scarier than anything else on the board.
    It was pretty cool.
    I honestly haven't given it a go since 5th though.
    Sval Foundation

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

284 (x5)

So gameplay wise it wasn't that terrible more of a sportsmanship issue?

exactly the positive point is why I would love playing a list like this. hate those IG guys with more vehicles then you can ever kill

but how did you fare in Kill point missions, which is obviously the weakpoint of these types of lists (1 cracked tank is 2 Kp's)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was victory points at the time.
    So one dropping was less scary. Like 150 points of models (Very rough guess)
    Not sure about kill points though.
    The major point of the list though was scaring your opponent into making stupid choices. My Fire Prisms were targeted more than my Wave serpents, because I tried protecting them more (Yeah I know, weird logic)
    I think as long as you have no problems with psyching out your opponent, this list has a lot of merit. (I was playing aginst my brother, playing dirty is a requirement )
    Give it a crack in a "freindly" game, with a competitive mate, and let us know how it goes.
    Sval Foundation

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

284 (x5)

hahah I play the mind games all the time love scaring or manipulating my opponent

all my mates are all ready calling cheese without even playing agaisnt it yet!!

it's about 185 for Dire Avenger Scatterlaser combo

205 for DA with BL or FD's
    Last edited by forumjayz; April 19th, 2010 at 15:25.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by forumjayz View Post
    hey nakaruru,

I love fire Prism to bits but you need at least 2 to make it worth the while. To do this I would need to drop a Firedragon serpent and a Brightlance back to a scatterlaser and the spear (230) So I lost a TL- Brightlance shot, 4 Scatterlaser SHots and 5 metla shots to take them. I don't know it that would be worth it but might be a nice try to see if it has potential. I prefer the Brightlances over the EML because I need the Range AT to take on AV 14 the rest I can easily stun or destroy with the scatter lasers. (used to necron destroyers )

I've never seen armies like this around here, Is there a real problem with these lists or is it just that it might be a bit boring to play?

Cheers CJ

p.s. List with your comments worked in:

hq:95
    Farseer: doom, runes of warding (beetje Psychic defence)

Troops:965
    5 DA's, waveserpent (scatterlaser,ss) Pope mobile

Elite:410

Heavy: 230
    Fire Prism
    Fire Prism

It's pretty scary 9 Av12 Fast Skimmer Tanks pretty fierce I think
    Do you really need all 5 scoring units at 1700? I only go up to 4 scoring units at around 2k points most of the time and unless I am running guardians only ( Ulthwe nut so I do that some days ) I don't think I have ever taken more than 4. My thought was to drop two of the DA squads and attached serpents to get you 3 prisms. Ends up with 3 FD squads 3 DA squads and 3 fireprisms. It would even have a few points left over. Mine normally has eldrad for the option for fortuning two tanks until the enemy gets close enough to start dooming and lovely divination. I play it at 1750 ( and sometimes higher )so it was a matter of dropping the fire dragons serpents down to shuriken cannons and one or two other tanks guns to get the points. It has tabled a Tau army a couple of times and cleaned out some marine lists also, oddly demons have given me trouble, I still win most of the time but I don't clear them off the table like the other armies I have faced (this may be the player and not the demons though ). I'm not a fan of the 5 man DA squad from a fluff point of veiw as they are being taken just to have another tank ( don't be to scared to get them out and shoot if you have to though as several small squads still pack a decent punch ) but from a game standpoint they can be a very good addition to a mech army. I have stopped bringing this type of list out for friendly matches as my friends don't like playing against it but if someone wants a more ruthless game I have no problem with using something like it.

My last tournament was a doubles tournament and used a list kind of like this 2 DA serpents 1 FD serpent 3 fireprisms but then I took 2 banshees squads in serpents because I knew I was facing alot of meq armies plus I had a melee ally and didn't want to be left out of the fun. If my fiirst partner hadn't bailed on me it would have been the list with firedragons and eldrad as he was playing DE and 18 skimmers would have been sweet.

As for kill points that is a weakness of the list but it isn't as bad of a point difference as you may think. My list has 16 kp but then the list I took to the tournament had 15 and my more normal mech lists have around 13 at 1750. Add in the fact that the opponent has to crack alot of serpents to get at almost half the KP and it can do ok. Remember alot of armies are bringing less protected transports to move units around so you can pick up vehicle KP easier than they can most of the time.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast