<3000 2000 pts Orcs tournament list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Kladno, Czech Republic
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x0)

2000 pts Orcs tournament list

Hello, I have only little experience with orc army (10 battles with smaller points at all.). Now I'm trying make some Tourney 2000pts Orc list.

Big Mek - KFF, eavy armour, cybork body
    Warboss - bike, power klaw, cybork body
    12x shoota boyz, nob - power klaw, eavy armour, bosspole, truck - big shoota, red paint
    12x shoota boyz, nob - power klaw, eavy armour, bosspole, truck - big shoota, red paint
    10x Gretchin, runtherd
    Deff dread - 3x CC weapon, scorcha, armor plates, troop choice
    9x Nob, 2x power klaw, 1x bosspole, eavy armour, painboy - eavy armor, battlewagon - red paint, stikbomb - troop choice
    3x nob, bikes, 1 power claw, bosspole, painboy
    9x lootas
    Warbuggy + rockit
    Warbuggy + rockit
    Deffkopta - buzzsaw
    Killa kan - big shoota
    2x Killa Kans - rockit launcha
    3x Big guns - kanons, 1 ammo runt

Gretchins are objective holders (stay in reserves). Deffkopta is anti tank kamikadze in first turn (if i won initiative, in other case, stay in reserves and outflank). Big mek joins unit of nobs for battlewagon cover. Warboss on bike joins nob bikers for more hitting power.

I'd split kans and buggys becouse vehicle squadron rules. (I know, it is extra killpoints for oponents, but our tournaments score reflect total killpoints in army.. if I get 5 from 6 oponents killpoints and he scores 6 from my 12, I've won the battle)

I'm not using stormboyz, gitz and/or kommandos becouse I havent any of that models.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Last edited by komplik; April 19th, 2010 at 13:38.

2. Remove Advertisements

Freehold, NJ
    2 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

511 (x8)

It's a good start, but there are some changes I'd definitely make:

1. Put a ram on every trukk. They allow you to move through terrain without being immobilized, which is invaluable for keeping them obscured.

2. The battlewagon needs a gun, or else any 'weapon destroyed' results will immobilize it instead. Always include at least a big shoota. Also, I'd give it a deffrolla if you can. You can also cut off the stikkbomb chukka, because Nobz always have stikkbombs. You don't need to pay for them.

3. In order to be effective, nobz really need a waaaaugh banner, cybork bodies, and 2-3 combi-scorchas (on models with powerklaws). You can probably cut off the 'eavy armor, as cybork will be enough. They get too expensive, otherwise. If you need more points, you could always cut out 1-2 nobz from the group.

4. The nob biker unit is way too small. I'd say 6 is the minimum size, and again they need cybork bodies, waaaaugh banner, and combi-scorchas.

5. Instead of the expensive extra CCW, I'd give the deff dread either a big shoota or a second scorcha.

6. A big shoota on a killa kan is a waste of their good BS. I'd give them either a kmb, rokkit, or grotzooka.

7. Make room for the KFF inside one the trukks. The transports need the obscurement a lot more than the walkers do, since the transports will draw most of the anti-armor shooting.

Good luck!
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."

+ Reply to Thread