<2000 1250 one half of 2500pt tag team - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1250 one half of 2500pt tag team

Heavy Support

2xXV88
    2xAdvStabil
    1xLeader
    HWMT
    BK
    HWTL
    HWDC
    1xSdrone
    1xBSF

2xXV88
    2xBSF
    Leader
    HWMT
    BK
    HWTL
    HWDC
    2xSdrone

HQ

Shas'o
    CIB
    ABFP
    HWMT
    HWTL
    BK
    HWDC
    2xGdrone

Retinue 158
    2xShas'vre
    2xT-array
    2xBurst
    2xflamer
    2xHWMT
    2xHWTL
    2xHWDC
    2x1Gdrone

Troops 310
    8xFW
    8xFW
    8xFW
    10xKroot

Fast Attack 48
    4xPaths

Transport 170
    2xDevils
    pod

The other half of the team is Eldar. I've traded him his Heavy support slot for my elite slot.
    The deployment restrictions IIRC are 1HQ, 4troops (maybe 3, in which case I will take out a FW team and either split it up among the rest or fill the kroot unit or add a drone unit +more drone-wargear.) 1FA, 1HS, 1 Elite.

Let me know what you think. There is still about 8 points left over, but I'm still working on it.

I'm pretty sure that I'm going to be changing one FW in each team to a carbine. Just for the added pinning chance at the cost of one extra shot.

I've also been thinking about using just a pair of broadsides, adding a pirahna with seekers, and filling out the troops section. Leave feedback if you have it.

Last edited by theprof00; April 22nd, 2010 at 17:07.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is my list so good that it doesn't need a reply?

The ORIGINAL Sniper Puss eiglepulper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    596 (x8)

Sometimes it can take folks a few days to have the time to reply to people's threads, bro.

Quick question time - is this list being prepared for a friendly game of doubles, a tournament game which is going to be seriously fought in order to win, or what's the intention behind asking for help, other than to tweak the list? I know that you've told us that there are restrictions re the FOC choices which suggests a tournament, but not giving us a few more details about the type of (presumably) tourney you're preparing for means you probably won't get the best results from any replies, simply because folks won't know the best way to aim their responses. Adding in a list of other Tau models you own is also very helpful, since it prevents folks from suggesting something which in actual fact cannot be done because the relevant models aren't available.

One thing which I would advise against is replacing a single Pulse Rifle with a Pulse Carbine. Pinning something is very much harder in 5th Ed than it was in 4th (which was hard enough anyway!), and relying on a single wound from a single shot is quite honestly pointless. Better to have the two shots and therefore potentially cause two wounds.

If your FOC restriction is for 3 Troops, then yes, split up the third FW squad amongst the other two. The units should all have Shas'ui leaders with BKs too, since you do not want your sole remaining model (ie the 'Ui) running away from the Objective and being unable to rally.

Increasing the Kroot unit is a good idea. I would remove the two GDs from your Shas'O and use their points to buy some more Kroot. Using two GDs on your Commander actually reduces the toughness of his unit to T3 due to the majority rule, meaning more shots will score wounding hits against his unit, thus increasing the possibility of him being wounded.

I understand the reason for taking the Bodyguard since you swapped your Elite slot for a Heavy Support slot. The only thing is that you are costing yourself points by taking them. I would consider dropping the unit to a single Bodyguard with TA/PR/FB/HWMT/HWTL for 87pts and use the available points to bolster your Fire Warriors, Pathfinders or Kroot. You could also consider dropping your Shas'O to Shas'el with CIB/AFP/TA/HWMT for 100pts; same BS so same reduction on scatter for the AFP and still able to fire both weapons, but saves you 43pts which you can again fire into your Troops choices, or else give your second XV88 team the ASS (you will need to adjust their wargear slightly)

E.
    Last edited by eiglepulper; April 24th, 2010 at 01:39.
    "Tau Commandment #226: Participants who use Velocity Trackers in the Tau Clay Pigeon Tournament will be disqualified"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, sorry about that. Don't think for a second that the irony is lost on my belated response. I just expected there to be more activity really. I apologize. Anyway, to address your points:

1. It's a tourney list, and don't worry about the models. I have more than triple what I listed there. The only thing I don't have, is pirahnas, because I think they suck.
    2. As far as the carbine goes, this is the way I look at it. At BS3, 2 shots will usually result in 1.34 hits. Strength 5 vs the average toughness 4, 1.34 shots results in a wound 89.8% of the time. So 2 shots equals a wound, roughly.

Then a save of 4+ results in a wound only 50%, so 2 shots equals .5 wounds. 4 shots = 1 kill.

Now, using all the same probabilities, 3 carbines has roughly 75% chance to cause a pinning save, which has a 28% chance of failure on an 8Ld, which results in a .21 chance to pin one unit every turn that all three fire. This equates to a pinned unit per game.
    Conversely, leaving in the 3 pulse rifles gives 3 shots per turn. In 5 turns, thats fifteen extra shots. 4 shots equaling 1 kill means the standard pulse rifle deals an extra 3.75 kills per game.
    It depends on who you ask, but to me, pinning an entire unit is more important than those 3.75 kills, especially if it means that I'll be able to assault a pinned unit and deal those extra 3.75 kills that I wouldn't normally have assaulted for.

3. Yeah, I'm going to drop a FW squad and fill the other two and give them leaders with knives. If not for anything else but for kill point efficiency.
    4. Yeah, I think I'm going to drop both crisis suits actually because they will cost me kill points if they die. I will probably change the shaso to shasel, and give him the ejection system as well, thereby freeing up a total of 178 points +80 from the FW squad. In exchange I'll do this:

leaders for the FW squads +knives. Bolster unit size to 10, instead of 8.
    extra devilfish + pod, 4 hounds and 4 kroot in kroot squad
    AS on the other broadsides, movign the blacksunfilters to the leader of each squad.
    adding 2 pathfinders, and adding a leader with a knife
    Ill redo the list later.

+ Reply to Thread