<2000 2000pts Dark Eldar List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000pts Dark Eldar List

Dark Eldar 2000pts
    HQ

Archon - Agoniser - Splinter Pistol - Combat Drugs - Trophy Rack - Shadow field - Plasma Grenades
    =138

Dracon - Punisher - Tormentor Helm - Combat Drugs - Trophy Rack - Plasma Grenades - Incubi x5 - Plasma Grenades x5 - Raider
    =282

Elites

Wyches x7 - Wych Weapons x7 - Plasma Grenades x7 - Blasters x2 - Succubus - Agoniser - Goblet of Spite - Raider
    =196

Wyches x7 - Wych Weapons x7 - Plasma Grenades x7 - Blasters x2 - Succubus - Agoniser - Raider
    =191

Wyches x7 - Wych Weapons x7 - Plasma Grenades x7 - Blasters x2 - Succubus - Agoniser - Raider
    =191
    Troops

Warriors x8 - Splinter Cannon - Radier
    =129

=129

=129

=129

Warriors x12 - Dark Lance x2
    =116

Talos
    =100

Ravager - Night Shield
    =125

Ravager - Dissintegrator - Night Shield
    =140

=1995

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a just a list I came up with I have no idea how competitive it will be and want to know peoples opinions I may change the squad that is on foot to another raider one and maybe change the talos to another ravager by dropping the night shields. The idea was that the list was going to be very mobile and very confrontational in not shying away from a fight. The idea would be a last turn grab for objectives.

Any and all feedback will be welcome and yes I know I have an awful lot of soft kill points.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well in my opinion Dark Eldar are always going to have a lot of soft kill points in a 2k game. Pretty much everything is 'soft'. I quite like your list, it's not to disimilar to my own, i tend to run raider squads as splinter cannon/blaster and only have 5 men. Basically they just sit back and hold objectives or rush forward and take them at the end of the game.

I usually run 3 Ravagers, two dissies and one 3xDark Lance Ravager for support. I think you have a good amount of anti tank and general destructiveness overall. In my local area this list would do well, mainly because in my area people stare when they see Dark Eldar hit the table. I can't really offer any advice for how competitive the list will be in a tournament though.

One thing i do know is Night shields rule, don't leave home without them. Maybe take a 6th raider squad and drop the foot squad? I would also replace the talos with another Ravager if you can find the points from somewhere.

The two HQ look pretty sound though, i'm assuming the Archon is in the wyches with the goblet of spite?

Overall a good list IMO, As i said i'm not sure on the tournament scene.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    225 (x6)

Yah, its a pretty good list with nothing but personal preference advice but I would not have a problem running that exact list. However I do want to throw some ideas out there anyway.

I like to give the punisher to the Archon - in my lists he would ride with the wyches and there is already an agoniser there. I would also give him the animus and try to bump his strength up but that is totally a style decision. As you might guess, I use him against troop choices and keep him away from monstrous creatures.

I would like to give the agoniser to the Dracon - the squad already has 5 punishers in the list and the bulk of the wounds delivered will most likely be through them so having an agoniser isn't going to change much in the total amount of power weapon wounds and allows the Dracon to wound tougher models. I am not suggesting that this squad go after monstrous creatures but I usually find the opponent will charge this squad with his most powerfull cc unit (just a safety measure).

Love the wyches.

Raider squads I like to but as Irondriver mentioned I like to have blasters in the squad - I suppose its just depends on the plan you are choosing for them.

I also like the 12 man squad, I will try for 14 in my lists but I have done 12 and only one squad of foot warriors too - I like.

Talos is an interesting addition and I am wondering about your plan with him. I would put him up front and run him at the enemy to distract fire away from the wyches. I would also consider using it to baby-sit the warriors but still try to draw fire (as I purposely put it in the open to be shot at).

The ravagers I like as well - everyone has their own style when it comes to ravager load-outs but it is how I would make them too.

And finally, I am a strong proponet of the nightshield upgrade and I always run my lists with every skimmer covered by one. I know its not everyones cup of tea and it can be expensive but it really does mess with the opponents shooting phase and if it can make him fall short on a shot once or twice I tend to see that as paying itself off (considering the cost of the raider and half its occupants).

Overall a very nice list for a first timer!
    "On a hunch, I melted them down and inhaled the fumes and read the dark eldar codex again, AND FOUND A BUNCH OF NEW RULES HIDDEN BEHIND THE OTHER WORDS..." [Gardeth on modelling & interpreting the DE Codex]

+ Reply to Thread