<3000 3000 apoc lord spam fun - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3000 apoc lord spam fun

Ok, I just had an idea..

Lord x15 = 2925pts
    Warscythe
    Dest. body
    Phylactery
    Res. orb

So yeah its cheese, but might make for an interesting time if played in a large team apoc game ie 15k/side.
    What are your thoughts? I mean you could group them up into one uber unit, or split them up into smaller ones, ie 3 man, 5 man, and the ability to swap unit sizes throughout the game could help. Also, each one carrying an orb means that its going to take a whole lot of punishment to keep them dead.

Oh and not entirely sure if apoc lists are ok to post here...

Last edited by Shipple; April 28th, 2010 at 03:07.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like this idea but I think you are a bit heavy on the Res Orbs. With your idea to combine them into 3 - 5 man squads, you do not need to have a Res. Orb on each one. Also, I think you are missing a crucial piece of wargear for a list like this and that is the Phase Shifter.

As you have it, each lord only has a 3+ save; sure they have a Res. Orb and Phylactery which if they are downed give them a chance to get back up with multiple wounds. But you still want to minimize the amount of times you have to make this check, because it is still just like WBB, if you get a 1-3 that lord is gone. I think giving them a 4++ will give them more survivability and will lessen the amount of times you have to roll your WBB.

For this setup I pictured 2 different lord setups as follow:
    185pt Destroyer – Lord w/ Warscythe, Destroyer Body, Phylactery, and Phase Shifter
    210pt Res. Lord – Lord w/ Warscythe, Res. Orb, Destroyer Body, and Phase Shifter

I did some math on which ratio of Dest to Res Lords would bring you closest to 3000pts.

And a mixture of 6 Destroy and 9 Res Lords brings you to a perfect 3000pts.
    But I think that is a little overkill on Res Lords. So I went with an 8D/7R ratio, setup with four squads: 1st 2Dest/2Res, 2nd 2Dest/2Res, 3rd 2Dest/2Res, and 2Dest/1Res. This gives you a little redundancy with your Res Lords, because as IC’s they can be singled out in Assault, and any smart opponent would likely target your Res Lords. And this setup gives you 50 points to spend on a tarpit such as a small Scarab Swarm. You could either go with 4 swarm bases or 3 w/ Disruption Fields. The 15 lords and either 3-4 scarabs puts you at 2998pts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the reply =)

I meant to say Phase shifter not Phylactery... but now that I think about it, is the "one per army" rule on the wargear also waived in apoc?

Hmm a mixture like that would definitely work better.
    Now just to find an opponent willing to let me try it... oh and find 15 dest Lords.
    Last edited by Shipple; April 28th, 2010 at 03:08.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All FOC requirements and 0-1 unit/wargear stipulations are removed when considering Apoc. It doesn't make a lot of sense but you could have Nob Bikers, Ctans, Fire Prisms, Inquisition, Seer Councils, and Leman Russ's in the same Army in Apoc.

An interesting idea for you, for exactly 3000pts, you could field 5 Nightbringers, and 4 Deceivers in Apoc, or 10 Deceivers. I think this kind of Apoc army would only work in a team situation and you would have to coordinate with your team mate to take a few more Troop choices to control objectives, but I think it would be pretty neat to see that many Ctan's running down the field.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    102 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Azraell View Post
    All FOC requirements and 0-1 unit/wargear stipulations are removed when considering Apoc. It doesn't make a lot of sense but you could have Nob Bikers, Ctans, Fire Prisms, Inquisition, Seer Councils, and Leman Russ's in the same Army in Apoc.

An interesting idea for you, for exactly 3000pts, you could field 5 Nightbringers, and 4 Deceivers in Apoc, or 10 Deceivers. I think this kind of Apoc army would only work in a team situation and you would have to coordinate with your team mate to take a few more Troop choices to control objectives, but I think it would be pretty neat to see that many Ctan's running down the field.
    Ctan have a SPECIAL rule that denies them being fielded with other Ctan....has nothing to do with FOC. But yes, would be funny. Also, I don't see 15 necron lords being that hard to phase out. You're talking 45 wounds at 3k....at 3k your opponent should be able to bring a huge amount of hurt compared to the lords. And for what the Lord is, he's really not that impressive compared to other IC's.
    "There is only do, or do not. There is no try." - Yoda

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know if I am breaking the rules by quoting the codex's, so forgive me if I am.

Pg. 27 Necron Codex
    "0-1 C'TAN"
    "A Necron army may include one C'tan. If selected it will count as an HQ choice on the FOC."

Pg. 18 Apocalypse Book
    "Armies may include any number of units from any Codex army list...Note that no force organisation chart restrictions apply to the army - just bring along all of the models you can! Ignore any restrictions on things that are normally limited to 0-1, 0-2 or whatever. Limitations such as "you may field one Conscript Platoon for each Infantry Platoon" don't apply either. Really the only rule is that unit sizes must be correct."

So yes, in a standard mission you could only field 1 C'tan, but since this was about Apocalypse, per the RAW he can field an entire army of nothing but C'tans.

And I agree on the Lord strategy thing, I don't think it would be all that effective, but never the less, would be fun to just play around with.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    102 (x5)

Hmm, guess that statement about removing the 0-1 or 0-2 restrictions kind of overrides the codex. Interesting...
    "There is only do, or do not. There is no try." - Yoda

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah it was a bit silly of an idea. I still would like to try it some day, although.

For the same points cost my eldar friend could have 40 farseers with mindwar =S

+ Reply to Thread