<2000 1000 point help for a new DE player - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    253 (x7)

1000 point help for a new DE player

Hello, my little brother is starting up DE, and currently owns these models:

2 Raiders
    2 Boxes of Warriors
    6 Jetbikes
    Archon

He wants to just start out with 1000 point lists. I suggested Ravagers and more raider squads. Can you guys come up with a decent list, doesnt have to be a tournament winner, cheese factor, just a good enough list that it doesnt get stomped like a 13 year old virgin. JK!!!! haha.

Thanks guys

Eldar -APOC- 6500 Points
    Chaos Daemons -Fate Crusher- 3500 Points
    Grey knights - 1000 Points

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

1k isn't alot of points.

With what he has, he could play with

5RJB, suc w/Punisher,TH,PG
    Dracon on RJB (convert) w/Punisher, TH,PG, SF
    2x 5 warriors w/Raider, Blaster, SC, Syrbiate w/Agoniser,PG
    2x 10 Warriors w/2DL

That is about 800 points..

So if you wanted to stay at 1k, he could drop down to 4RJB and fit in two ravagers...

I'd also recomend converting ravagers rather then buying them, but thats just me. All my ravagers are conversions lol.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    253 (x7)

Well he picked up a ravager.

I think he is running.

Dracon w/ agoniser, pistol, shadow field, arch angel of pain, haywire grenades
    -6 warriors w/ 2 cannons
    -raider w/ night shield

10 warriors w/cannon and blaster, syrabite, poisoned blades
    -raider w/ night shield

10 warriors w/cannon and blaster, syrabite, poisoned blades
    -raider w/night shield

10 warriors w/ 2 dark lances

-3 jet bike w/ 2 blasters
    -3 jet bike w/ 2 blasters

Ravager w/ night shield
    Eldar -APOC- 6500 Points

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not such a bad list, Lords always need a shadow field.

Reavers are the biggest weakeness, they're not that good, 3 reavers die so easily.

I would swap the reavers for 2 ravager (pts cost is close) or even for more troops. Troops, ravager or talos are better, more reliable and cheaper than reavers.

I small games I advice to take a heamonculus as a minimal HQ with scissorhands and destructor.

Best way to build up a dark eldar army:

Heamonculus, + some troops + some heavy supports (ravager or talos)

around 1500 pts you should have 4-6 troops, at 1750 pts 5-6, at 2000 6 troops for sure.

Past 1000 pts it's good to consider wyches, but I prefer filling up heavy supports as they are cheaper than a wych squad.
    At 1500 pts you can start considering lord + incubi, past 1750 it's only natural to field incubi.

It's better to field reavers only when you've filled your heavy supports , troops and elites.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

253 (x7)

Thank you for the advice, the only reason he is using them as he isnt a competitive player and he already owns them lol
    Eldar -APOC- 6500 Points

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    190 (x3)

Hey

Me personally, I would consider replacing the Agoniser on the Dracon with a Punisher. It is more justified in 1000pts and under, as you are mostly dealing with light infantry, and you have the Ravager to take care of any high toughness opponents, albeit if you do happen to come across any.

I would also look into at least one Disintegrator on your Ravager, as this coherses with what I had mentioned above.

I also believe that the points that accumulate from the Night Shields on the Raiders could also be well spent somewhere else. Maybe look into, if you haven't been swayed into ditching your Reavers into the sea, reinforcing this squad with a few more, or possibly looking at acquiring a Haemonculus. Mind you these are just suggestions as pro rata and you may do as you see fit.

Good hunting.
    Light a fire for a man, and he will be warm for a night. Light a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

253 (x7)

Thank you for the advice! We may just take some disintegrators, but there is no way we are getting rid of night shields, they are an insanely good upgrade and will probably increase in costs when/if DE gets redone.

I will have to look into taking the punisher.

I have asked him about the haemonculus but he says since he already has the an archon/drachon model he wants to just use it. but will probably add one to the next boost in points.

For 1500 he said he wants to pick up a battle force. THis would cover a couple suggestions to fill out the bikes and add more troops. I assume a 2nd ravager is a requirement too for 1500.
    Eldar -APOC- 6500 Points

+ Reply to Thread