<2000 1750 New ork player needs some tips - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1750 New ork player needs some tips

Hi all,

I just started pleying orks and i would like some pointers on the following list and what needs to go.

The list is:

HQ
    Big mek,KFF, power claw (goes with one of the orc troops)
    Warboss, Warbike, powerclaw, cybork body

Troops
    30 Ork boys, Bosspole, powerclaw, nob, shootas
    30 Ork boys, Bosspole, powerclaw, nob
    5 Nob bikers, 5 power claws, painboy, whaagh banner, bosspole
    20 Gretchin

Heavy support
    1 Battle wagon, Deff Rolla
    3 Killa kan, Grotzooka x3

Fast attack
    3 Warbikers, 1Powerclaw

Elites
    10Lootas
    10 Lootas

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

Not a bad start here.

Personally I'd give the Mek a Burna, it's cheaper and he's not so tough but it's not a big deal.

Warboss looks fine.

Have both Boyz units identical, with Shootas and try to fit in 3 Rokkits because you lack firepower right now.

The Nob unit is your super unit. I'm not a big fan of them but others swear by them, so test them out and see. Worst case it's a great delivery method for your Boss who wants to kill tanks all day.

Grtechin are good, great home objective camper.

Who's the Battlewagon for? No one is sized to fit in it, so I'd drop it. Otherwise, devote more points to being Meched. You have a lot of Bikes and than a decent amount of ground pounders, hitting in 2 waves can be very bad for Orks.

Warbikers need a Bosspole or they're going to run everygame right away, probably still to small as is.

Lootas are great, you can get away with 8-9 if you need points.

I'd drop the Bikers and the Wagon, get yourself some more Boyz and more guns. The Warboss and Nobz are resilient so even though you'd be looking at a ground list, they'll live in many games. Than you can use them to open tanks or problem squads, thinning out your other units, even two if the Warboss splits away. I think another unit of Boyz would really help you out.
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thnxs for the pointers. With your advice I will now be running this list(see below) and I really think it will work. If anyone would like to give their opinion, then please do!

HQ
    1 Big mek - KFF, power claw
    1 Warboss - Warbike, powerclaw, cybork body

Troops
    30 Ork boys - Bosspole, powerclaw, nob, shootas, 3x rokkit launcha
    30 Ork boys - Bosspole, powerclaw, nob, shootas, 3x rokkit launcha
    5 Nob bikers - 2 power claws, painboy, whaagh banner, bosspole,5 cybork bodies, grot orderly
    20 Gretchin - 2x Runtherd
    1 Deff dread- 2x flamer

Heavy support
    3 Killa kan - 3x Grotzooka

Elites
    8 Lootas
    8 Lootas

1750 total

Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

Looks way better. I'd only offer a few things and than hopefully someone else will chime in.

The grots might be better off small, you want to hide the unit on an objective just about every game, it's hard to hide a 22 man unit.

Deff Dreads aren't so great, especially compared to Kans. If you dropped it you could buy more Lootas, a much better investment. Or another 2 Kans, also a better buy. Consider weapons that use their BS3, Grotzookas are great but 6 is probably overkill. Rokkits or KMBs would be a solid pick.
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    113 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Vendrass View Post
    Thnxs for the pointers. With your advice I will now be running this list(see below) and I really think it will work. If anyone would like to give their opinion, then please do!

HQ
    1 Big mek - KFF, power claw
    1 Warboss - Warbike, powerclaw, cybork body

Troops
    30 Ork boys - Bosspole, powerclaw, nob, shootas, 3x rokkit launchaSplit these into 3 units of 20
    30 Ork boys - Bosspole, powerclaw, nob, shootas, 3x rokkit launcha Use big shootas rather than rockits
    5 Nob bikers - 2 power claws, painboy, whaagh banner, bosspole,5 cybork bodies, grot orderly
    20 Gretchin - 2x Runtherd drop 1 grot and the extra runt herd
    1 Deff dread- 2x flamer Drop

Heavy support
    3 Killa kan - 3x Grotzooka good

Elites
    8 Lootas good
    8 Lootas

1750 total
    Try and get points for another unit of Killa kans with rockits

+ Reply to Thread