<2000 Serious Competitive Ork List (1750) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

Serious Competitive Ork List (1750)

I have a confession. I love orks. They're my favorite army, always have been and always will be. I Have tried time and time again to make them viable (viable to me means it can beat ANYTHING) but never been happy with the outcome. So, I would like to summon LO's best Ork generals to help me play the army I so enjoy. Here is my rough draft of a foot list.

HQ
    Warboss w/ PK
    Big Mek w/ KFF and Burna

Elites
    9 Lootas

9 Lootas

Troops
    10 Grots w/ 1 Runtherd

30 Shoota Boyz w/ 3 Rokkits
    Nob w/ PK and Bosspole

Nob w/ PK and Bosspole

Nob w/ PK and Bosspole

Nob w/ PK and Bosspole

Nob w/ PK and Bosspole

Total = 1750

Thoughts
    This is a lot like the lists I used to try to make, with some differences.

First off, the Warboss. He'd be used strictly as a can opener. Breaking off to attack armor or to try and eat a small squad. I wanted him to have a Cybork but there are 0 points. I'am a little worried about only one KFF but I figure some Boyz will give cover to the Boyz in back, plus terrain.

Secondly are the grots. I would have liked a few more but again, 0 points. They're pure objective campers. Ideally, they hide 100% out of LoS and Go to Ground every turn. I think this could be a big help in objective games where they're very likely to be immune to being hurt.

The rest is all fairly standard. More Boyz than an opponent can probably handle, packing more guns than people expect. 15 Rokkits a turn plus 18 Deffguns will ruin any light to medium armor over a game and than I have PKs against rear if I can assault. Land Raider types are going to be rough as always but that's what the Warboss is for, ideally.

So what do you all think? I'am really worried about Orks being able to deal with certain things, like lots of Fast Skimmers, Raider spam (uncommon but hey) and randomness that I can't think of because it's like 1am. So anything, anything you see that might cause a problem, please say something. Nothing would make me happier than being the Ork guy at my shop. :]

Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    113 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by The Prince of Excess View Post
    I have a confession. I love orks. They're my favorite army, always have been and always will be. I Have tried time and time again to make them viable (viable to me means it can beat ANYTHING) but never been happy with the outcome. So, I would like to summon LO's best Ork generals to help me play the army I so enjoy. Here is my rough draft of a foot list.

HQ
    Warboss w/ PK You have no cybork body witch is something you really need on a war boss so that he has an invul also evey armor helps but is not as nesasry
    Big Mek w/ KFF and Burna Good

Elites
    9 Lootas Good

9 Lootas good

Troops
    10 Grots w/ 1 Runtherd
    This is a real small unit of grotsfor a for slogging army

Nob w/ PK and Bosspole Good

Nob w/ PK and Bosspole

Nob w/ PK and Bosspole

Nob w/ PK and Bosspole

Nob w/ PK and Bosspole

Total = 1750

Thoughts
    This is a lot like the lists I used to try to make, with some differences.

First off, the Warboss. He'd be used strictly as a can opener. Breaking off to attack armor or to try and eat a small squad. I wanted him to have a Cybork but there are 0 points. I'am a little worried about only one KFF but I figure some Boyz will give cover to the Boyz in back, plus terrain.

Secondly are the grots. I would have liked a few more but again, 0 points. They're pure objective campers. Ideally, they hide 100% out of LoS and Go to Ground every turn. I think this could be a big help in objective games where they're very likely to be immune to being hurt.

The rest is all fairly standard. More Boyz than an opponent can probably handle, packing more guns than people expect. 15 Rokkits a turn plus 18 Deffguns will ruin any light to medium armor over a game and than I have PKs against rear if I can assault. Land Raider types are going to be rough as always but that's what the Warboss is for, ideally.

So what do you all think? I'am really worried about Orks being able to deal with certain things, like lots of Fast Skimmers, Raider spam (uncommon but hey) and randomness that I can't think of because it's like 1am. So anything, anything you see that might cause a problem, please say something. Nothing would make me happier than being the Ork guy at my shop. :]
    Foot orks have become more of a fun list that a competitve list now that you have IG will out shot you Nids will out hored you and BA and SW will make you want to curl up in a ball and die. I like the list but i dont think it will preform the way you want it to I think if you want to go competitve and on foot your best bet would be a Kan wall as it can handle alot more things than a foot hored can and you stil get the joy of puting lots of stuff on the table.

Something like this would work better Screen boyz with the Kanz and keep the Kanz under your KFF bubble use Grots to hold objective or to bubble wrap a unit of lootas if the table is lacking in cover. Use deff coptas to get that 1st turn charge Vs Tanks that will give you the most issues or war buggys to do the same. Any how good luck to yu may you waaaagh all over your fellow club mates.

big mek 100
    KFF cybork evey armor

big mek 100
    KFF cybork evey armor

9 lootas 135

9 lootas 135

15 grots 55
    runt hearder

29 shoota boyz 220
    1 Nob bos pole Power claw

29 shoota boyz 220

29 shoota boyz 220

1 deff copptas 70 Or 2 war buggys with TLR for same PTs
    TLR buzz saw

1 deff copptas 70 Or 2 war buggys with TLR for same PTs
    TLR buzz saw

3 Killa kanz 135
    grot zookaz

3 killa kanz 150
    Rockits

3 killa kanz 135
    grot zookas

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    96 (x2)

yep.

go with tinytim`s suggestions

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

Tiny Tim's suggestions are pretty good, but I'd cut out one of the KFFs. You only need one, since it isn't that difficult to either thread the entire army from one KFF and/or screen with grots. I often don't use one at all, just using grots to screen. I only consider the KFF mandatory in trukk/battlewagon lists.

If you don't like all those killa kans, you could use big gunz kannons instead. That would also be effective. That, or another unit of 9 lootas.

Deffkoptas and/or kommandos work very well in footslogging lists.

If you really want the warboss, then I'd give him cybork, combi-scorcha, and a bike. You can still attach him to the boyz, and he'll be much better at breaking away and assaulting vehicles.

Here's my version of your list:

Warp 'ead [85] (with shoota boyz)

Big Mek w/SAG, ammo runt [100] (with grots)

30 Shoota boyz w/3 big shootas, nob, powerklaw, bosspole [235]

16 Grots w/runtherder [58] (screening boyz)

16 Grots w/runtherder [58] (with SAG)

9 Lootas [135]

9 Lootas [135]

2 Deffkoptas w/rokkits [90]

2 Deffkoptas w/rokkits [90]

3 Killa Kans w/kmbs [165]

3 Big Gunz kannons [60]

3 Big Gunz kannons [60]
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

+ Reply to Thread