<2000 Simple 1500 starter list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Simple 1500 starter list

Alright, I'll preface by saying this is my first army ever so I'm definitely looking for tweaks and tips

HQ: Necron Lord w/ Res orb and Gaze of Flame

Support: Monolith
    (2) Tomb Spiders (not sure whether I should go with Particle Projectors or not)

Fast: 3 units of 3 Destroyers

Troops: 3 units of 10 Warriors each

I calculated to 1490 points.

Thoughts? Feedback?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    324 (x8)

Hey Noahthered welcome to Librarium Online! Also welcome to the Necron Tomb.

For a core list you're definitely going in the right direction. A simple phalanx formation with destroyers to flank will definitely get you places.

Skip the particle projectors on your spyders, they're more effective, and longer lasting, in close combat. Keep a scarab on them to protect from shooting, but if possible, don't create one on the charge, more often than not the scarab will take a pile of wounds, lose combat for you, and the spyder may die from it.

Keep the pair of destroyer squads next to eachother, unless you use the spyders' increase in WBB range, but be careful with that since if the spyder falls the destroyers are out on their own.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Excellent choices. You can't really go too wrong with a list like this. The phalanx huddles together for that ResOrb goodness (but ensure you stretch coherency to the max to minmise pie plating damage) with tomb spyder for CC support/speed bump. Destroyers ride close together for mutual WBB support and fire away at high priority targets.
    Necrons W68-D13-L10 (3rd edition codex)
    Necrons W3-D1-L1 (latest codex)
    Skaven still being assembled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rad, thanks for the input guys. Everything worked in my head when I made it, but I was unsure if maybe there was a piece of the puzzle I was missing. Now I get to nerdrage building everything and painting it. Thanks again

+ Reply to Thread