<2000 1500 Point Tourny list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x1)

1500 Point Tourny list

Edit: I did have 2 tervigons in this list but after carefully thinking about it, ill replace one with a Malwac with Regen. I agree with the prince with the Malwoc being a better choice. I will be keeping the other one due to the fact i really like having the adrenal gland and toxinsac upgrades for 20pts as opposed to buying them separately for 80pts.

Doing a doubles tourney (1500pt +1500pt) in a month with my friend. Wanted to get some comments/concerns about my nids list (My bud is playing an IG leaf-blower list). I know i dont have the Thropes in my list, but time and time again they get either (a) killed after the first drop n shoot (b) have difficulties with psycic hoods (not a fan of the DL even though i know some are). And so far hive guard have been my BillyBadAsses Against mech. Most of the time I walk on the Trygon and Paristie, Depending on the mission. and the Spore mines are droped in the middle of the board to soak fire (not really much good against mechs). Gants and Tervi are for holding down Objectives Mainly, Or operation Shield Whitey (IG).

1500 Pts - Tyranids Roster

Heavy: Malwoc (1#, 195 pts)
    1 Malwoc @ 195 pts ( Regeneration)

Troops: Tervigon (1#, 195 pts)
    1 Tervigon @ 195 pts (Adrenal Glands; Toxin Sacs; Dominion; Catalyst)

Elite: Hive Guard Brood (3#, 150 pts)
    3 Hive Guard Brood @ 150 pts

Elite: Hive Guard Brood (3#, 150 pts)
    3 Hive Guard Brood @ 150 pts

Troops: Termagant Brood (21#, 105 pts)
    21 Termagant Brood @ 105 pts

Troops: Termagant Brood (20#, 100 pts)
    20 Termagant Brood @ 100 pts

HQ: The Parasite of Mortrex (11#, 220 pts)
    10 Gargoyle Brood @ 60 pts
    1 The Parasite of Mortrex @ 160 pts

Heavy Support: Trygon (1#, 225 pts)
    1 Trygon @ 225 pts (Scything Talons x2; Regeneration)

Elite: The Doom of Malan'tai (2#, 130 pts)
    1 The Doom of Malan'tai
    1 Mycetic Spore

Fast Attack: Spore Mine Cluster (3#, 30 pts)
    3 Spore Mine Cluster @ 30 pts (Unit Type: Infantry; Spore Mine; Living Bomb; Orbital Deployment)

Total Roster Cost: 1500

Last edited by hachieman2000; May 6th, 2010 at 03:59. Reason: Deep thinking

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

Looks pretty decent to me. I'm not a Tervigon fan for reasons I don't want to post over and over but with IG, I can see a curious combo. You have a couple potentially devastating picks (Parasite), although I might change the Trygon to a Mawloc, I just see Mawlocs as much better. Should do well with a sit back and shoot list giving you cover where you need it.

I agree Zoans die after one shot, but sometimes taking out a certain tank is worth it. Depends on how you value anti-armor and how much heavy armor is played where you are. With IG they'd actually have a longer life expectancy because he can clear an area around them of Rapid Fire, which is really what kills them.
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x1)

i agree about the malwoc thing, usually in my other list i run double malwocs that i burrow on turn 1 and devastate infantry squads with. Thanks for taking the time to reply!

+ Reply to Thread