<2000 1750 Tournament - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1750 Tournament

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1750 Tournament

ok going to play 1750 tournamen. the pre-set is going to be three objectivs in the middle of the bord and pitched battle.

Farseer, doom, guide, stones, RoWard, RoWit :145p(hangs back with WW and dire avengers)

Farseer, doom: 80p (goes with banshees)

Avengers x10, Dual cataoults, Bladestorm: 152p

Avengers x10, Dual cataoults, Bladestorm, wave serpent with EML: 272p

Pathfinders x5: 120p

Banshees x6, Executioner, acrobatics, wave serpent with EML: 243p

wraithguard x5, warlock, enhance, spear, wave serpent with EML: 328p

Fireprism
    Fireprism

warwalkers x3, scatter laserx6: 180p

What do you think? tips?
    I have been thinking of removing in prism and making room for a (wratihlord, scatter laser, EML) but I don't know.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    194 (x7)

First off, don't take out the Prisms. Ever. They are the backbone of any mech list and in my honest opinion are the best unit any Eldar army can field. I can't remember the last time I didn't use 3 of them in a >1500pt game.

Take out the Wraithguard. Simply remove them. I don't quite know what to put in instead, but they are WAY overpriced and stupidly slow, despite having high Toughness and everything.

The Pathfinders are in the wrong list. They will serve you no useful purpose, no matter how awesome the models are. Remove them also.

Both your Farseers need to be made identical. Then they can both go in a DA unit and hopefully their reach will extend to the Banshees as well.

Or... you'll have a lot of spare points, so make the Farseers identical and add in a unit of 8 Scorpions (bump the Banshees up to 8 as well) in a Wave Serpent, hopefully that costs the same as the HB. That way, you can put a Farseer in with the HB and the SS and they should be in good range to boost the DA as well if they get into a pickle.

I also suggest adding another Fire Prism instead of the Warwalkers. 3 Fire Prisms is irreplaceable and will win you games.

With the spare points. Hmm.... I'm not entirely sure. You could add in a couple of Vyper squadrons (1 with all-Brightlances and the other all-Scatter Lasers) and a Warp Spider unit, to give you Fast Attack choices and boost the potential of all areas of your army (Warp Spiders may as well be mech, they move anywhere in between 18" and 24" a turn). Other than that, more Dire Avengers might be a plausible option as well.

~ DiW

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't mind the Pathfinders. They may not be that good in these lists though but most people would try and take them down before they cause too much trouble. In my point of view, I think 3 fireprism is too much. Yes they are quite cheap for what they can do and yes the new fire prisms are going to be AWSOME!!!, but I usually field 2 of them. 2 can already obliterate marines and blow up tanks.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    194 (x7)

But 3 can take out Imperial Guard armies, and what else are you going to do with 115 points in a 1750 list? Obviously I only field 3 in >1500pt lists, because in anything less than that you can't afford them and there's no point.

~ DiW

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x4)

Mr Demon he can take out wraithguard ONLY if he put in fire dragons. 3 eml and 2 prisms will not get enough AT firepower. Also i see one squad of avengers on foot...i do not like that.

If i would trim the list while keeping it`s flavour i would take this:
    Eldrad
    5 dragons in serpent TL shuricannon shuri cannon upg sprit stones
    6 banshees exarch executioner in serpent TL shuricannon shuri cannon upg sprit stones
    10 avengers exarch dual cat bladestorm in serpent TL EML shuri cannon upg sprit stones
    10 avengers exarch dual cat bladestorm in serpent TL EML shuri cannon upg sprit stones
    3x guardian jetbikes
    Fire Prism shuri cannon upg spirit stones
    Fire Prism shuri cannon upg spirit stones
    3x War walkers 2x scatter lasers
    total 1748 points

PS DiW do not advice brightlance vypers....vypers are sacrificial dakka units...BS3 and av10 opentopped = no exepensive one shot gun best vypers are shuricannon and shuricannon upg - that`s a 60 point vyper that pour 6 shots at S6
    Last edited by niraco; May 18th, 2010 at 17:54.
    Hight elf and Craftworld Eldar army project pics heavy: linky

+ Reply to Thread