<1000 1500 for tourney - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 for tourney

Hey guys, i was thinkin on rolling this list on a local tourney:

- deceiver 300p.

- 10 warriors 180p.
    - 10 warriors 180p.

- Monolith 235p.
    - Monolith 235p.

- 4 destroyer 200p.

- 6 Immortals 168p.
    _____
    1498p.

The idea is that the two monoliths let me have 2 functional portals to rescue my Warriors and with them moving around, my opponent never realy knows where i will be next. The deceiver handels to strong troops for regular warriors or destroyers by himself and the destroyers and the immortals let me have some extra firepower. I know that my Phase out number is really low (30 nec's -> Phaseout at 7 models) but with my Liths, i can move all my necs a very large distance. Also great for capturing Mission objectives.

But anyhow, pls comment on the list and what you think.

greets Lessly.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A few things. You WILL need a res lord. Pie plates from almost anything will insta-kill your warriors. If you do not run that res lord, you're gonna get phased out. Also, you might want to take out a monolith and the immortals. 4 destroyers are not very effective, you might want to consider 1 squad of three and one of four for more firepower, and WBB support. This will put you to 1485pts and you can just buy a gaze of flame or some other wargear for your lord.
    Last edited by lawk; May 9th, 2010 at 17:46.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thx for your advices, i will consider them and test them before the tourney with a friend.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd recommend you get rid of the immortals and add an orb lord with a phylactery.
    The big problem with this list is that with 2 sweeping advances to your warriors you phase out and lose the game..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well i played a few nec games so far (1000p.) and everytime my opponent was near enough to CC me the next round, my Warrior disapeared into the monolith and were on the other side of the table... So he had to run the whole way again and i think with 2 mono's it will be yet more unpredictable where i will be next.
    But thanks for your advise, i will test it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    56 (x2)

I'd definately recommend dropping 1 Monolith and the Immortals and add in an Orb Lord and more Destroyers (I believe you can make a squad of 5 and a squad of 4). Add the extra Monolith and another squad of troops in when you go to higher points games.
    World Eaters: W-47 D-10 L-9
    Necrons: W-19 D-3 L-2
    Protectorate of Menoth: W-36 D-0 L-7

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, thx for your advise, Rage. I'll definately gonna try this on a test game. But why should i take so many Destroyers an drop a monolith? Just to understand the changes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lessly View Post
    Well, thx for your advise, Rage. I'll definately gonna try this on a test game. But why should i take so many Destroyers an drop a monolith? Just to understand the changes.
    In all honesty, a monolith is only a support unit. It does not have to be brought in numbers. Destroyers, however, can: flank, put out loads of S6 AP4 shots, turbo-boost to contest objectives, defend, and can kill infantry and armor alike. Also, they die quickly when in small packs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    56 (x2)

Destroyers also help with your PO since they're Necrons as well. Personally I play 2 Monoliths in my 1850+ games, but I only added it after I added in 3 squads of Destroyers and 3 squads of Warriors, gotta keep that PO count up.
    World Eaters: W-47 D-10 L-9
    Necrons: W-19 D-3 L-2
    Protectorate of Menoth: W-36 D-0 L-7

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well thx for your answers, i will take the immortals and a monolith out and put a lord with orb and a 5 man squad Destroyer in there. And Destroyers > Immortals?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast