Librarium Online Forums banner

2500 'Ard Boyz List

<3000 
802 views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  Wortsnagga 
#1 ·
This is my first attempt at making a competetive ork list. Being that I'm overseas I haven't been able to play test any but I'm hoping to be able to test it out as soon as possible. I'd appreciate any tips or constructive criticism.

HQ
Warboss 145
-Bike, PK, Cybork, Squig
Big Mek 125
-KFF, Burna, Armor, Squig
Elites
11 Kommandoz 225
-Snikrot, 2 burnaz
Troops
4 Nobz 300
-Bikes, 2 PK, Bosspole, Banner, Pain boy, 4 cyborks
11 Slugga boyz 156
-Nob, PK, Bosspole, Trukk, Red, Chukka, Ram
2 x 12 Slugga Boyz 162
-Nob, PK, Bosspole, Trukk, Red, Chukka, Ram
2 x 20 Shoota Boyz 170
-Nob, PL, Bosspole, 2 big shootas
Fast
2 x 5 Deffkoptaz 225
-5 Rokkitz
Heavy
2 x Battlewagon 130
-Deff rolla, red, armor, big shoota
Battlewagon 175
-Killkannon, 'Ard case, Red, big shoota

I plan on having the warboss with the nob pack until I can split them up and attack a couple targets at the same time. I'll keep them together if I need to hit something really hard. The big mek will be with the sluggas keeping the trukks relatively safe while they scream forward into the enemies ranks. The kommandoz will be kept in reserve to harrass anything hanging around too close to the table edge. The shoota boyz will ride in their wagons until they can get to cover or an objective and then sit on it either claiming the objective or taking advantage of cover. After they disembark, the wagons are going to go screaming into an enemy unit or vehicle. I don't plan on them staying around very long. Finally, the deff koptaz will be held in reserve and come into play along one of the side table edges to take advantage of the side or rear armor of any vehicles within range. That is, unless, there is a very poorly deployed vehicle that I can take shots at in the first turn after their scout moves.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post!

See less See more
#2 ·
1. i would drop the last battlewagon and take a mob of Lootas instead, you need more long range AT. could get about 12 if you fiddle a little
2. nobz mob maybe a little small considering the fire power some armys can bring at this points size tourney, with only 4 nobz they maybe running off early in a game which will mean the warboss will be running off the table with them. 5< would be better. maybe drop a deffkoptaz mob.
3. If you want your big mek to fight in CC i would give him a cybork or he will be easly KP for anybody with a power weapon or fist.

other than that its looks good
at 17 KP thats OK for 2500 point army and 6 troop choices you should make objective games a little easier to win

#3 ·
3. If you want your big mek to fight in CC i would give him a cybork or he will be easly KP for anybody with a power weapon or fist.
Do you still recomend cybork even if he's in a mob with 11 slugga boyz? I never planned on him being alone. I thought about the Lootas but I'm worried that they will get stranded because the rest of the army is mobile. Thanks for the tip of increasing the nob mob size. That makes a lot of sense.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.