<1000 1000 Point Eldar Casual - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000 Point Eldar Casual

So I've played eldar when I first started playing 40k 7 years ago, going to get back into them and try out a more mechanized army, But not fully mechanised, kinda lol. I've had to cut certain things like an extra catapult on the Exarch (Dire Avengers) I'll explain why.

HQ - Farseer

Guide , Jet Bike - 105 pts

Troops

10 Dire Avengers w/ Wave Serpent - 277 pts
    Exarch, Bladestorm
    TL Missle Launcher
    Shuriken Cannon

9 Jetbikes w/ 3 shuriken cannons - 228 pts

Fast Attack

3 Vypers w/ starcannons and Shuriken Cannons - 240 pts

Heavy Support

1 Fire Prism w/ Holo field - 150 pts

= 1000 pts

Now, I have some explaining to do. I was beside myself in what the hell to do with the farseer, do I make him an awesome 150 point 1 model? With Guide Doom Spirit Stones and whatnot, I deceided not. The reason is, A strength six or higher weapon comes along and nails him, instant kills him, 150 points down the drain. With little points to work with I finally came up with some sort of a solution. Put him on a jetbike w/ guide and follow the vypers around. Supporting the Vypers would be big, they only have bs 3 and I need those Starcannons to be hitting, as they will be targetting heavy units like Nobs and Termies. Putting him on a jetbike makes his toughness 4, and if he moves flat out he gets his 3+ cover. I had to cut out the DA Exarchs 2nd catapult to find enough points to put him on a jetbike however. Since he will be by himself as a squad, he is too big of a liability to just be a sitting duck like that. My tactic here is obviously to sit back and shoot, moving when I have to get out of range from something, so this is a very Saim Hann Army List. Objectives can be taken by the DA and the Jetbike squads, The Fire Prism and The Wave Searpent are basically my Anti-Tanks, however they could both become crowd controll very easy, which is a great option to ignore cover saves. I have the jetbikes in for more or less a fear factor, seeing that big of a unit scares an opponent to shoot at them, ESPECIALLY if they see me moving 18" to a flank of their army. This will give my Vypers and my Prism plenty of oppurtunites to shoot and take out the heavy stuff, while my Wave Serpent and DA's move in for objectives.

Anyway here is my list, and sorta tactics, and explanation for why I chose what i did, Comment and any suggestions would be more than welcome!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this army seems pretty death or glory i would drop the vipers for another fire prism or dark reapers as at a10 once you are in range of marines i find the vipers just flake... they used to be so much better in 4th edition with targeting matrix

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the fact that your army is mobile heavy and your units can support each other. However I don't like that you have so few scoring units and have so much invested into your jetbike squad. I am a solid supporter of vypers and their many incarnations and uses, but at this point level I have to say drop one to free up some points to give your farseer runes of warding at least (doom never hurts either ). You might consider perhaps splitting up your jetbikes for some more scoring power, or doing a squad of three with your farseer and replacing the rest with a bare bones waveserpent and guardians.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm well, I'm keeping the vypers, definately not putting dark reapers in, they are too expensive for only 5 models. Viking you do make a very valid point about dropping a vyper for more scoring units. Okay so I think I've come up with a good list, It add's extra scoring units, and extra support from the Farseer:

HQ - Farseer

Guide , Jet Bike, Doom, Spirit Stones - 150 pts

Troops

10 Dire Avengers w/ Wave Serpent - 277 pts
    Exarch, Bladestorm
    TL Missle Launcher
    Shuriken Cannon

6 Jetbikes (w/ 1 Shuriken Cannon) - 142 pts

5 Jetbikes (w/ 1 Shuriken Cannon) - 120 pts

Fast Attack

2 Vypers w/ starcannons and Shuriken Cannons - 160 pts

Heavy Support

1 Fire Prism w/ Holo field - 150 pts

= 999 pts

Okay so I have two jetbike squads, one of 6 and one of 5. The one with 5 will include the Farseer, who now has been jacked up to a rightfull support unit. I'll be able to get him in close now and doom easily, however as he is with a jetbike squad, guide will not be as usefull. So I'm thinking I just keep him to himself and place him with the Vypers still to guide/doom things. This should make the list more deadly as I am adding extra support, AND extra scoring units, instead of a little bit more firepower, which this army still has plenty of

+ Reply to Thread