<2000 2000pt Hivefleet Naga - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000pt Hivefleet Naga

This is my first list with the new codex, but i have been playing WH40k and tyranids for many years, please give me as much feedback as possible!

HQ:
    Hive Tyrant-- 2x Scything talons, wings, hive commander, adrenal glands-- 265

Elite:
    1 Hive Guard-- 50

1 Hive Guard-- 50

1 Hive Guard-- 50

Troops:
    3 Warriors-- 2 deathspitters, 1 venom cannon-- 115

3 Warriors-- 2 deathspitters, 1 venom cannon-- 115

17 Termagants-- 85

12 Hormagants-- adrenal glands-- 96

Fast Attack:
    6 Ravenars-- rending claws, spinefists-- 240

6 Ravenars-- rending claws, spinefists-- 240

Heavy Support:
    Trygon Prime-- adrenal glands-- 250

Trygon Prime-- adrenal glands-- 250

Total: 1998, 3 TMCs, 74 bugs

So my plan is to use hive commander to improve my reserve rolls for the 2 trygons and the dozen ravenars i plan to burrow on to the enemy lines. I feel that this wave will either be utterly destroyed or will roll up whatever flank i place them on. thoughts? The flyrant and hormagants will go barreling up the field to engage the enemy. The termagants are pretty much an objective holder. The warriors provide synapse coverage for the horde as well as the hive guards. The guards provide my anti tank.

Please let me know what you all think i need to change or what tactics i should use! thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member Hive Fleet Macarbe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    128 (x3)

Nice. Very good list, however there are some things I would change, but this is just my personal opinion.
    just run 2 squads of hormagaunts, 20 in one and 10 in the other, have toxin sacs on both they will suffice perfectly.
    I have yet to use raveners and probably never will. But I do strongly recommend having at least 8 genestealers and a broodlord in a 2000 point game. Consider bringing the doom in a pod too, in 2000 points you will be suprised how many tanks a good imperial guard player can fit in. Besides from that im loving it, maybe add a carnifex? its up to you, but I love that list! Good luck!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    344 (x8)

Your main problem is that with your deepstriking force being off the table for potentailly 2 turns of shooting, the rest of your army is ging to get hammerd into the ground.

That Hive Tyrant will die, its your only Mc that starts on the feild so every anti tank gun will go its way. Then It will be the turn of the hive guards, and suddenly you have no anti-tank in the board and youve as good as lost im afraid.

Also in 2000 points your level of anti-tank in general is shockingly low, if you come across mech, your done.

I really dont thnik you can afford to reserve what is about half your army, then leave the other half out to dry, its just not going to work. You either want the entire army starting from reserves, or you want a maximum of 2 units deepstriking in, possibly 3 if theyre cheapish ones.

So im gonna start recogmending uints to cut out, and unit sizes to change.

Those Hive guard need to be 1 unit of 3, having them like that is just offering kill points.

Drop one of the VC warriors and but the other two with the other squad.

Combine 2 of the hormagunts squads, then drop the 3rd, 12 will do absolutly nothing.

I also advise dropping one of the ravener broods, on account of them simply being too expensive and fragile. Keep one of them though.

So with the points you saved, you need to get some anti-tank in there. Really youve got 2 choices, Podding zoanthropes or a t-fex. Im nopt a big fan of the T-fex, but i cant recogmend podding zoans enough. Whatever you do, get one of them in there. Any change is persoanl choice from there, and im not totally sure how much youd have left.

Also just to wrap up on what New-nid said, bearing in mind your list type i think you can get more use out of adrenal hormies for transport stopping, and i really would not get the doom in here, thats just more anti-infantry you dont need. Genestealers are always helpful though.
    Your friendly neighbourhood gargantuan creature

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    64 (x1)

going off the the two previous suggestions, you could swap out your hormies for gargoyles and keep them in front of your tyrant while they move forward, with toxin and glands the gargoyles are = price to your hormies. since there both jump infantry, and the new gargoyles are actually quite good now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hierodule couldn't be more right having three units of one hive guard is giving away kill points to your opponent. I know you want to spread your fire but that's not the way to do it.
    WH 40k Armies (W/L/D):
    Tyranid: 2250 Points of Awesome (5/4/1)
    Necrons: 1000 Points (4/0/1)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    109 (x3)

Winged Hive Tyrant can deepstrike. So can the Raveners and Trygons. And one unit of Troops due to hive commander. How about one big units of gaunts/warriors, and a unit or two of genestealers. Drop the Hive guard 2 thropes in spores. Also maybe get a unit of Ygmarl Genestealers. this would give you an entire deepstriking force that comes in on 3+ Turn 2. Switching a Prime for a Mawloc would give you a nasty T2 attack and free up some pts, while potentially taking out say a devastator squad or squad of terminators. Doom is a pod is another nasty option as well.

And obviously a second winged tyrant with hive commander makes this even more effective with 2+ turn 2 deep strike and 2 outflanking troops, and paroxysm against the big guns when you deepstrike.

Only if you want to really deepstrike and surprise your enemy.

+ Reply to Thread