<1000 Competitive 750 dark eldar list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    623 (x8)

Competitive 750 dark eldar list

Would this be an alright 750 list:

HQ
    Dark Eldar Lord + Punisher + Combat Drugs + Shadow Field + Tormentor Helm = 110
    E
    2x Wyches + Wych Weapons = 156
    T
    2x 10 Dark Eldar Warriors + Soul Seeker Ammo + Splinter Cannon = 200
    Dedicated Transport - 3x Raiders + 3 Horrorfex's = 180
    HS
    Talos = 100
    Total = 746

On second thoughts i don't reckon it will be very competitive, you thoughts & ideas on what i should change with list if it needs changing thanx.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    190 (x3)

Hey

Based in a tournament situation, I think this list is not that balanced, and you have chosen some illogical wargear options.

For starters, the Soul Seeker Ammo, like so many of our other options, is not viable. Sure it lets you re-roll missed To Hit throws, but you are using this only with your Sybarite, and as I can see that you have not even included one, you may not take it. Even if you used SSA with a Sybarite, they only have a splinter pistol, which has such a low strength and AP that it will not do much good whether or not you achieve all of your to hit rolls. Sorry about that. I'm sure it was something that you just overlooked.

I am a little confused as to where 3 Raiders are going to be assigned. 2 to the Warriors, but where is the third? Good choice on the Horrorfexes, they never fail, especially in low points matches, as this is where they excel rather well.

I personally do not like Combat Drugs on my lord, which I am assuming is just a Dracon, without having a Lord retinue with him. But at such a low points match, and with what you have, I do not see how you can include maybe about 2 Incubi. If you can find a way, then it will be highly worthwhile.

With only 6 Wyches in each squad, I think that this number is too low, and without a Raider, being only 750 pt, they will get shot to bits first turn. Either you would have to bump up each squad to a few more, or consider combining them into one squad which I think would work far better in your favor, and you would also need an Agoniser wielding Succubus. I am honestly not sure where you will find the points.

A Talos right now does not look good. I think a Ravager with three Disintegrators would work far better off, as there will infantry aplenty, and the Talos would attract far too much attention. At least with a Ravager, IF you get first turn, you have some leverage on your side.

I have to agree with you that it doesn't seem competitive, so it is up to you what changes you are going to make, but at least do make some changes. It needs it.

But good try anyway!

Good Hunting.
    Light a fire for a man, and he will be warm for a night. Light a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    623 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkuli View Post
    For starters, the Soul Seeker Ammo, like so many of our other options, is not viable. Sure it lets you re-roll missed To Hit throws, but you are using this only with your Sybarite, and as I can see that you have not even included one, you may not take it. Even if you used SSA with a Sybarite, they only have a splinter pistol, which has such a low strength and AP that it will not do much good whether or not you achieve all of your to hit rolls. Sorry about that. I'm sure it was something that you just overlooked.
    Hey thanx for pointing that out i totally forgot about the Sybarite in th squads & i realised a few others things too i didn't specify what type of lord i had & i forgot to write down the amount of wyches i had in the squads too but to recap "i had an Archon & there were 6 Wyches in each squad", But hopefully this CHANGED list will make up fro the mistakes i made here it is:

HQ
    Dracon + Punisher + Shadow Field + Tormentor Helm = 85
    Retinue - 5 Incubi = 125
    T
    2x 10 Dark Eldar Warriors + 2 Shredders + 2 Splinter Cannons = 240
    Dedicated Transport - 3 Raiders + 3 Horrorfex's = 180
    HS
    Ravager + 3 Disintegrators = 120
    Total = 750

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    190 (x3)

Hey

Yeah, much, much better. Definitely seeming a little more competitive, and far more balanced. However, if you will permit me, I have one more change I believe you should look into.

In 750 pt matches, there is always some sort of armor in the enemy, whether it be a Broadside Battlesuit from the Tau or a Whirlwind from the Space Marines, or even an Exorcist from the Sisters. Either way, the Dark Lances on the Raiders will not cut it. Therefore I think that the Shredders need to be replace with Blasters, for that added security, as Shredders are really only effective on fast vehicles, like Reavers, as they can get different parts of the enemy quickly and cause confusion in their ranks. The Blasters are what really seal the deal. Plus, with the relatively low model count, and I use the term relatively loosely, you are guaranteed a wound or a model.

With the points that you have left over, you can invest in a Trophy Rack for the Dracon, and a Horrofex for the Ravager, and VOILA, 750 points, and what I think to be a really effective list. Hope the changes I have suggested help. Let me know how you do in the tournament, if you enter one.

Good Hunting.
    Light a fire for a man, and he will be warm for a night. Light a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

623 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkuli View Post
    Hey

Yeah, much, much better. Definitely seeming a little more competitive, and far more balanced. However, if you will permit me, I have one more change I believe you should look into.

In 750 pt matches, there is always some sort of armor in the enemy, whether it be a Broadside Battlesuit from the Tau or a Whirlwind from the Space Marines, or even an Exorcist from the Sisters. Either way, the Dark Lances on the Raiders will not cut it. Therefore I think that the Shredders need to be replace with Blasters, for that added security, as Shredders are really only effective on fast vehicles, like Reavers, as they can get different parts of the enemy quickly and cause confusion in their ranks. The Blasters are what really seal the deal. Plus, with the relatively low model count, and I use the term relatively loosely, you are guaranteed a wound or a model.

With the points that you have left over, you can invest in a Trophy Rack for the Dracon, and a Horrofex for the Ravager, and VOILA, 750 points, and what I think to be a really effective list. Hope the changes I have suggested help. Let me know how you do in the tournament, if you enter one.

Good Hunting.
    Hey that's pretty good *writing down changes now* thanx for the idea.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually find you made the list a lot worse. I will never advice to take lord + incubi in less than 1500 pts Why? Such an expensive unit will not be worth it and it's not easy to use. Here your unit will just get shotdown before ever getting into cc.

Wyches and incubi ALWAYS need a raider. Wyches ALways need a succubus, their leader is one fo the reasons why they're one of the best cc fighter in the game, remove this advantage and their cc potential descends dramaticly.

The talos advice isn't correct, the talos excells in small battles. In 750 it's possible to take 3 talos and if you do, your enemy has no chance (or a very small chance) of winning. A talos does have a differet role than a ravager, but it does fill in the heavy support gap very well. Once the talos gets into cc, the massacre starts. Most vehicles die in 1 turn, 2 at the most. Some infantry have absolute no way to kill or even hurt him. Do stay away from powerfists and any weapons that could hurt you. In the case you hav 3 talos, it's almost impossible for them to get shot down, they'll get into cc and start cleaning up the battlefield. Take your HQ, nearly 200 pts worth, 2 talos would perform better and they would certainly not get shot down easily.

Best way to go for a small dark eldar list:

heamonculus, destructor, scissorhands. Fills in the HQ choice nicely.

several Troops (3 min) + ravagers/talos or combi of both.

Be sure to take enough troops, they're to objective capturers, don't forget it!
    Take some DLs and blasters, your list has absolute no chance of winning if your enemy decides to take 2 heavy support tanks.
    Not only will they shoot down your entire army, but you won't be able to kill them either.

Wyches and incubi are good, neccessary choice, but for bigger games.

+ Reply to Thread