<1000 500 Point - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 500 Point

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

500 Point

Hey heres a 500 point army list to sink your teeth into. I am really worried with this due to a) the low number of firewarriors and b) lack of Devilfish! I think I have spent too much on my Commander and Hammerhead. Have a look and tell me what you think

HQ
    Shas’El
    Airbursting Fragemtation Projector
    Plasma Rifle
    Shield Generator
    Hard-wired multi-tracker
    Sheild Drone
    Total – 130

Elite
    2 Crisis Battlesuits
    TL Missile Pods
    Targeting Array
    Total 106

Troops
    9 Fire Warriors 90

Heavy Support
    Hammerhead
    Railgun
    Burst Cannons
    Decoy Launchers
    Multi Tracker
    Target Lock
    Total 170

Total - 496

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First, in standard games it's a requirement to have 2 troop choices, with at least one team of fire warriors.
    Second, in such small games Devilfish represent a less savvy investment of points. While in larger games it's best to protect your fragile troops, in smaller games your troops will represent a significant amount of your point investment, and therefore your ability to dole out hits. The standard pulse-rifle is the best line weapon of the 41st millennium, and letting it go unused when your army is sporting only a handful of suits and a hammerhead is dangerous.
    Third, consider Kroot, their inexpensive, and not the simple meat shielf many consider them to be. Place them in cover, forest's whenever possible, and use them as area denial to channel the enemy into a prepared kill zone. In a small point game your enemies will be increasingly leery of tempting fate by attacking an undesirable target.
    Fourth, decoy launchers are a horrible investment, but you very well have meant disruption pod, which is the defensive piece of wargear that is often considered a must. You may also want to consider trying an Ion Cannon as opposed to a Railgun, it's an entirely situational but point saving option.

Happy Hunting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Decoy launchers are awful, go for a disruption pod. I would go for the Ion cannon on the HH, vs MEQs 2 Shots would get through. Sv 3+ and the Ion Cannon has AP3 so, you can, in theory, kill two MEQs with every shot. Kroot are awesome if you can get them into a forest. I would replace the AFP with a Missile Pod. I would get rid of the Shield Generator, from what I've found, normally, by the time it's effective, you're dead.
    WH40K - Farsight's Slayers
    WHFB - Myfanwy Blaithin's Costal Brigade - 2000 HE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

as said above no decoy launchers. also id switch the afp with a missile pod, and just for the list checkers you'll need a hard-wired drone controller to carry that sheild drone. im not sure u need a target lock on the hammerhead, at 500 points whatever ur rilgun can do ur burst cannons could probably help and a target lock is a waste of points in my opinion in such a low point list. also if ur gonna take a sheild drone get rid of the genrator, pick one.
    There are three kinds of people in this world, those who can count and those who cannot.

+ Reply to Thread