<1000 500 pt ork army for Special Rules Tourney - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

500 pt ork army for Special Rules Tourney

on june 12th i'm playing in my second tourney. It has some special rules. 500 point army. no named characters, no toughness above 6, no more than 3 wounds, no vehicles with armour above 11. we will be playing 6 armies, free for all kinda style, each round per table. I have basic ideas of what i want i just need to get the details out and make a few choices i'm hoping to get some help on.

HQ
    warboss with power klaw 85

Elites
    5 lootas with trukk 110

Troops
    5 nobs one w/power klaw three w/ big choppa 140

20 boys w/ one nob with powerklaw 161

that totals 496

what i'm trying to decided is what boys to take. slugga/choppa for the extra attack in hand to hand or shootas for the better guns. also wondering if the trukk should stay with the lootas or if i should put the nobs/warboss on there. if i ditch the trukk and two boys i can take a deffcopta with twin linked rokkit launcha or a killa kan with rokkit launcha. . . decisions decisions. . . thanks for any and all advice!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

Hello! My name is Grax (hence the name). Have you checked out this post yet:

http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...00-basics.html

A few people, including myself, put it together as a basic guide for new Ork players.

The lootas can't take the trukk. It has to go with the nobz, and that's a VERY good place for it. The nobz won't last long on foot. I'd consider holding them in reserve when fighting shooty enemies, so it doesn't get blown up before you can move. I'd also definitely give it a ram.

Bosspoles are really important for smaller units. Definitely give one to the nobz. Big Choppas, on the other hand, aren't very impressive. I'd get rid of them.

I'd at least give the warboss 'eavy armor, although cybork is better. Without it, it'll be a little too easy to kill him off.

Finally, I'd go with shoota boyz over slugga boyz. Generally, the only time I use slugga boyz are when I'm fielding 12 boyz in a trukk.

Good luck!
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the link i'm checking it out right now! I wasn't sure about the lootas. . . but the nobs were my back up plan! so i'll switch that out. i was leaning towards shottas as well so having at least one person saying they would do the same thing is reassuring. with only 500 points im just not sure how much extras I can tack on but i'll play with the points and see if i can do a little extra. personally the boss pole never did me any good but i'll re read the rules one more time and the link and see if i can justify the extra cost! I'll post my edits and appreciate any other input!

+ Reply to Thread