<1000 1000 pts, Learning Orks - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x1)

1000 pts, Learning Orks

I have a fairly good sized Marine army.. that I've been playing for some time, and I also have a Fantasy Lizard army that I've put into boxes until 8th edition comes out, so my current long term project is a new Ork army.

I love the Orky Boyz and their we'z the biggest so we'z the bestest attitude.

I'm planning on eventually making this a competitive 1850 list, but I also want a decently competitive 1000 pt list, and I'm starting there and working up.

Both lists will be based on Ghazghkull Thraka and his awesomeness.

Here it is thus far:

Ghazghkull Thraka

20x Boyz; Nob w/ Power Klaw, Boss Pole

20x Boyz; Nob w/ Power Klaw, Boss Pole

5x Nobz; Painboy, 1 Power Klaw, Cybork, 'Eavy Armor, Boss Pole, Waaagh! Banner (Thraka goes here)

7x Lootas

Heavy Support:

Battlewagon; Deathrolla, Grot Riggers, Red Paint Job, Big Shoota (just so weapon destroyed isn't immobilized, also nobz ride here)

Comes to exactly 1000 points

Seems like a decent list.. the boyz unfortunately have to slog it, but with an AV14 monster plowing in with a rolla and lootas providing some fire support I think at 1000 points I'll be fine.

The growth of the list will include more Deathrollas and probably some kans. But we'll cross that as we come to it.

Last edited by RIGHT-Titan; June 3rd, 2010 at 15:52.

2. Remove Advertisements

Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Gilbert, AZ
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

368 (x8)

Ghaz is to expensive at 1000, shelve him until you're a bit higher. There are things you need more than a good fighter.

Hopefully those are Shoota Boyz.

Make sure every Nob is different so you can cheat with wound allocation. Need at least 2-3 PKs.

Lootas should be 9 to 11. You want some extra guys for Ld tests and because of the random shots.

Wagon is good, I'd exchange RPJ for a Boarding Plank. Under-used upgrade imho.

Ghaz can be traded in for a KFF Mek and than w/e else you want. Your basically banking your Wagon will hit, so it needs that cover save because it's open-topped and has weak sides. Grots would be a good buy as well, you simply can't hold back a Boy unit on an objective.
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

+ Reply to Thread