<1000 1000 Points vs Slaaneshi Daemons - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000 Points vs Slaaneshi Daemons

Hi there. I have my first game with the 'Nids against Daemons coming up. Its only a small-ish game, and I was pondering just what I could try against them. I decided on a basic theme of lots of bodies. Lots and lots of them. My thinking being that between my models and terrain on the board, I can almost dictate where the pesky daemons are going to deepstrike too. Also trying to rob my opponents bigger things of their insane initiative is something that I could very well do with, as they could give my tyrant some grief. I don't know what my opponent is running exactly but I know they have two chunky units of daemonettes, a daemon prince(ess) and a Keeper. I think they may also have fiends, but I am not sure. Time to stop rambling and show you the list.

Hive Tyrant
    Stranglethorn Cannon
    Scything Talons
    Old Adversary
    Adrenal Glands

Psychic powers: Leech Essence, Paroxysm

--
    Venomthrope

Venomthrope

Venomthrope

--
    20 Termagaunts

20 Termagaunts
    Spinefists

20 Hormagaunts

20 Hormagaunts

9 Ripper Swarm Bases
    Spinefists

Total: 1000 Points.
    --
    Critique and comments appreciated,

Cheers,

Baaram.

Last edited by Baaram; June 8th, 2010 at 09:44.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

against demons this shouldn't do to badly however see if you can get some more synapse as at the moment, if your hive tyrant is downed you lose control over your army and it will get butchered like cattle. also why dont you put the venom thropes in one group this would open up some elite squads and everything is going to be close together anyway. see if you can also invest in some warriors with boneswords as they can clear of everything in their path and this would also give you some much needed synapse.

later,
    roferl

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    184 (x5)

You definitely need more synapse. Warriors or a Tyranid Prime would be a cheap option. There's almost no point in taking spine fist, at best they'll give you maybe one more wound on the enemy, might as well save the points.

Clear out some of those venomthropes, they aren't all that great. Some Hive Guard would be nice for laying wounds on MCs at range. Maybe lashwhips and bonesword on the Tyrant to bring the enemy's initiative down (same goes for a Tyranid Prime if you take it).

I don't think you need that many rippers, though they may act as a half-decent tarpit if in synapse range.

+ Reply to Thread