<2000 1500 point vs Power Armor - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    75 (x1)

1500 point vs Power Armor

Hey all. I've been having trouble recently with my friend's nurgle/khorne csms and my other friend's space puppies. So, I thought I would put a list up here and see what you guys think. I haven't used this one yet, but I've spent a little while designing it. C&C please!

HQ:
    Hive Tyrant w/ wings, 2x scything talons = 230pts
    Prime w/ toxin sacs, boneswords, scything talons = 100pts

Elites
    2 Hive Guard = 100pts
    2 Zoanthropes = 120pts

Troops
    17 Hormagaunts w/ toxin sacs = 136pts
    16 Hormagaunts w/ toxin sacs = 128pts
    6 Warriors w/ toxin sacs, scything talons, deathspitters = 240pts
    4 Ripper Swarms w/ tunneling = 48pts

Heavy Support
    Carnifex w/ devourers, heavy venom cannon = 200pts
    Carnifex w/ devourers, heavy venom cannon = 200pts

Total: 1504

Tactics
    Everything runs forward, hive guard taking out transports, tyrant going for tanks, Carnifexes using venom cannons to put vehicle threats out of commission, zoans shooting blasts once in range and then lancing when closer if needed. Hormagaunts attack troops, warriors go for tougher targets and lay down supporting fire. Rippers hopefully pop up near heavy weapons squad and either takes a round of fire from a squad or two and dies, or tar pits devs/havocs/long fangs/etc.

Thanks in advance for the advice!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x1)

trygon are good, also i'd take more hivegaurds for those Insta-kill shots. outflank stealers might also be a total pain in their ass

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    344 (x8)

Im slightly confused as to what you mean Horowitz Tal. He hasnt got any trygons, and i dont know why youd take hive guard for ID, theres very little in the marine dex's that is worth ID'ing and can be killed reliably with a hive guard. I dont think youd ever want to shoot a hive guard at a marine instead of his transport...

However to the list, its a very decent looking list, but i think you could do with a couple of changes.

Drop the rippers, even as a tarpit they suck quite badly. You could put those 48 points to much better use.

The warriors are good, but 6 is overkill. Id settle for 4 or 5, with the prime. They should be able to deal with most targets just fine.

With those points you saved, id buy more hormaguants up to 20 each. Anything left over should go on a squad of termaguants to provide the warriors with cover.

Also, consider dropping one of the fexs in exchange for an extra hive guard and Zoanthrope. This would absolutly cover any points needed to make the surgested changes, and if you were able to afford it, the Doom of Malanthi in a spore pod does wonders against Meq's, whilst still covering anti tank in assault and when the blast gets high enough.
    Your friendly neighbourhood gargantuan creature

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    75 (x1)

Thanks for all the comments! I've been debating about the rippers, so I probably will drop them. The warriors, I was wondering about the size and I think I will go with just 5. I can't really add more hive guard, as I don't own even a single one at the moment, I'm low on money so I can only afford two, and I'm trying not to proxy as much as possible. Also, with the doom, I'm avoiding using it as my gaming group is divided on the issue of whether or not it can effect units in a transport and we can't seem to come to a consensus.
    Last edited by Subsocial; June 10th, 2010 at 17:39.

+ Reply to Thread