<1000 500 pt competetive army lists? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x2)

500 pt competetive army lists?

Hi, my local club is starting a small armies league ad I am planning on playig my orks. do you guys have any tips for good 500 pt armies?

Here one i made earlier.

warboss - 85
    powerclaw

28x ork boys - 168

12 ork boys - 72

5x commandos - 65
    burna

2x deffkopta - 70

trukk - 40
    red paint job

total 500

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At 500 pts it would be worth it to drop the deffkoptas and kommandos for more boyz. But it depends on the models you have. One thing for sure though is that you should drop the 2 deffkoptas and give each of your boyz squads a nob with a bosspole and power klaw, to get the extra points for the bosspole you could drop 2 boyz from the big squad. I would also suggest giving your large boyz squad shootas and give slugga choppas to the ones in the trukk since they will likely reach CC first. At 500 points using deffkoptas is a points sink especially in a unit of 2, they wont last long at all. The kommandos also wont live long, especially without a nob with a bosspole and in a small unit like that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with J for the most part. However, unlike J, I'd recommend getting rid of the kommandos and only one of the koptas. Though I am partial to kommandos, at 500 pts, I don't think they're worth it. You need the Nobs w/PKs and BPs. Then give the large group of boys shootas and 2 big shootas, cybork on the warboss, and rokkits on the remaining kopta. The kopta may only last one round, I'm thinking 2, but then your opponents will be shooting at it rather than your boyz. And with a turbo boost at the start, the kopta can go after the back end of any vehicles your opponent puts on the board. Alternatively, the kopta can be held in reserve to come in later in the game. The boss needs at least cyborks to survive in cc. You could also give him 'eavy armor but you would need to drop a boy.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

54 (x2)

I have read both of the replies and tried to take it in. However, a lot of the advice would be hard for me to follow because of my models.Because of this I will be posting a list of all my models.

Warboss,
    big mek shokk attack gun

8x lootas
    5x tankbustas
    5x kommandos
    5x burna boys

36x ork boys slugga and choppa
    10x with shootas
    2x with big shootas
    1x with rocket launcha
    1x nob powerclaw

1x trukk

3x deffkopta
    1x warbuggy rocket launcher
    3x warbikers one with powerclaw

3x killa kanz 1 with rocket launcher, one with skorcha, one with grotzooka
    1x looted wagon

Hopefully this will help and i hope some more people will post.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

With Orks at 500 points, and no grots, there's really only one list you can run with what you have and still get anywhere:

Warboss w/powerklaw, cybork, eavy armor, combi-skorcha, bosspole [110]

20 Slugga boyz w/nob, powerklaw, bosspole [160]

20 Slugga boyz w/ [120]

and

110 points of something else ( I recommend either 2 killa kans w/rokkits, or 2 deffkoptas held in reserve).

That's really about all you can do. You could put boyz/nobz in a trukk with the warboss, but you'll have to hold them in reserve in order to keep the trukk alive, so the 110 points will have to be spent on something out there with the boyz, otherwise they won't survive.

At 500 points, most armies only have 1 HQ and 2 Troops in their army, and nothing else. Since Orks are great fighting in close combat, I'd spend the remaining 110 points or so on something that can deal with armor from a distance.

Good luck!
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

54 (x2)

Right thanks for the advice.
    The thing is, I've got £20 to spend on orks, so what would be a next good buy

+ Reply to Thread