<2000 1750 New to 5th - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1750 New to 5th

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1750 New to 5th

Well I've had my fair share of Fantasy lately and decided to get back into my 'Nids. Last time I was using these was when 4th was released so looking at 5th I'm overwhelmed with choices. I love the new Gargoyles so will definitely be having them in my army working in synergy with my Winged Tyrant. So here's a list I quickly made up trying to incorporate the models I already have, been... Tyrant, 3 Warrs, 14 Genes, 8 Horma, 18 Gants, 1 Fex, 2 Zoans and 1 Venomthrope. I also love the look of the Trygon and would like it in the list.

HQ

Hive Tyrant - Wings, Old Adversary, 2x Talons 255

Tyranid Prime - Lash Whip & Bonesword, Talons 95

Elite

3 Hive Guard xxx

2 Zoanthropes - Mycetic Spore 160

Troops

5 Warriors - Pair of Boneswords, Talons, Adrenal Glands, Toxin Sacs, Mycetic Spore 290

10 Termagants xx

10 Termagants xx

Fast Attack

15 Gargoyles - Adrenal Glands, Toxin Sacs 120

15 Gargoyles - Adrenal Glands, Toxin Sacs 120

Heavy Support

Carnifex - Mycetic Spore, Bio Plasma, 2x Talons 220 OR DakkaFex

Trygon Prime 240

Total 1750

My lack of troops, and Carnifexes not been that great anymore leads me to think I could convert it to a Tervigon?

Last edited by Scorp; June 17th, 2010 at 06:04.

Armies: Dark Elves, Black Templars, Tyranids, Iron Warriors, Imperial Guard.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member Hive Fleet Macarbe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    128 (x3)

Nice, however I would recommend dropping the 20 termagaunts for 20 hormagaunts with toxin sacs, I would consider dropping a gargoyle squad so you can find the points to put elsewhere, I would conisder giving your hive tyrant acid blood and I wouldnt put the warriors in a spore, id equip them for range assault and let them bring the rain, just make sure if you use this tactic you let your hormagaunts run in first so your warriors wont get gunned down in the next, lastly between the dakkafex or the CC fex, it depends on who your versing, if the opponent is troop heavy eg: orks and imperial guard id take the dakkafex, if less numbers id take the CC fex, goodluck! A last note: With all the remaining points consider investing into a squad of 8 stealers and a broodlord, they can turn the battle very quickly to your favor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    64 (x1)

I think the list looks fine with what style your going for, but I'd drop a squad of termies add a tervigon, (usually a good idea to run as,Gland, sacs and Catalyst),as troops (yay) and drop the fex, with what points listed there you'll have 75 left over, with that I'd say get another hive guard and go, 2x2.
    I also suggest doing a straight swap from OA to hive commander, +1 to your reserve roll with 3 things trying to come in turn 2 it's a glorious thing.
    I'd say keep the devourer's on your warriors, even though there cc kitted, being able to get a good deal of S4 shots off before you charge, and after you land, will do nothing but help(my opinion) might I also suggest making 1 big brood of gargoyles since you only have 1 tyrant, it'll add to their killing power, and retain some numbers as you charge into your opponents face.

that leaves 25 points for you to play with

you may need a few more troops though, maybe drop the prime off the trygon, lose a warrior, grab 10 hormies, and use that 25 to boost your gants?
    all suggestions, hope it helps

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the advice. Also forgot to mention I'll be up against a lot of SM players. How's this?

HQ

Hive Tyrant - Wings, HC, 2x Talons 255

Tyranid Prime - Lash Whip & Bonesword, Devourer 95

Elite

3 Hive Guard xxx

Troops

4 Warriors - Pair of Boneswords, Devourers, Barbed Strangler, Adrenal Glands, Toxin Sacs, Mycetic Spore 250

8 Genestealers xx

10 Termagants xx

Tervigon - Adrenal Glands, Toxin Sacs, Catalyst 195

Fast Attack

30 Gargoyles - Adrenal Glands, Toxin Sacs 240

Heavy Support

Trygon Prime 240

Total 1747

Only thing im really feeling is dropping Prime for a bigger Gant brood?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bump

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would drop the warrior bood plus warrior prime plus the prime of trygon for a 2nd trygon and another troops choice (mayve even drop the 2nd stealer squad and get a 2nd tervogon. That said my asnwer mostly tend towards lots of trygon and tervigon, as otherwise I find my MC's just evaporate.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

64 (x1)

Personally, if your thinking about dropping the prime, you could drop the prime off the trygon, the tyranid prime, you could add 3 more hive guard the reason being is most armies have lots of cheap transports, to put all of their troops in, which means a flood of AV10-12, the 6 hive guard will tear them apart and make the job of the rest of your armor much easier. the prime on the trygon is so/so I think, paying that many points for synapse that you wont be using and an extra shooting attack... meh

also just notice you really dont need AG and toxin sacs on those warriors, they really dont need the sacs and the glands, thats makes the warriors much to expensive, 4 attacks each ignoring armor, (charge) is plenty enough to tear through a marine squad

after both primes and the AG and TS off the warriors gone you'll have 28 points to play with still, which you could use to buff your gants if you wanted
    Last edited by Fenix; June 23rd, 2010 at 04:00.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im feeling this..

HQ

Hive Tyrant - Wings, HC, 2x Talons 255

Elite

2 Hive Guard xxx

2 Hive Guard xxx

Troops

5 Warriors - Pair of Boneswords, Devourers, Barbed Strangler Mycetic Spore 290

8 Genestealers - Toxin Sacs + Broodlord w/ Implant Attack 197

18 Termagants xx

Tervigon - Adrenal Glands, Toxin Sacs, Catalyst 195

Fast Attack

20 Gargoyles - Adrenal Glands, Toxin Sacs 160

Heavy Support

Trygon 200

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

64 (x1)

me to, only thing i think that might be unecessay would be the broodlord implant attack, other than that kudos I think you found a winner

+ Reply to Thread