<1000 1000 Point Mech for Funz - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000 Point Mech for Funz

So most of us probably know the overwhelming power of maxed out War Walkers with Scatter Lasers.... If not then do the calculations and that's 72 S6 shots! Though probably not as useful in higher points I was thinking if I could make a valid list for it at 1000 points just to mess with my friends with all the shots. Here's the list:

HQ
    Autarch: Swooping Hawk Wings, Fusion Gun -100

Troops:
    Dire Avenger x5 w/ Wave Serpent, TL EML -180
    Dire Avenger x5 w/ Wave Serpent, TL EML -180

Heavy:
    War Walker x3 Scatter Laser x6 -180

Total: 1000

Was thinking that Autarch with Fusion Gun would be better AT than Farseer with Singing Spear. Though more expensive, I think the +1 to reserves would help a lot. If maneuvered right I think I can take on the tanks at this point set. But if not I was thinking to ditch one squad of War Walkers and the Swooping Hawk wings for 5 Fire Dragons in a ShuriCannon Wave Serpent. The wings just being there for that extra movement if the Autarch needed to come out and pop a tank farther away. I'd love to keep the full 3 squads of War Walkers though. So what do you guys think?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

for fun this list would be fine... competitively not so much. In a 1000 pt competitive list you will see some av 14, and in your list you have 1 thing that can pen it. the HQ. Also the walkers are super super fragile, and with the walkers being the main body of your army I worry. That being said at 1000 pts there really isnt that much anti tank so in that environment your walkers stand as good a chance as ever. Yet I digress. Fire dragons are at there best at 1000-1500 pts. 1. with out the mass tank spam, you dont have to use a suicide squad tactic, you can actually drop them in front of a troop or elite and blow them up, especially with a fortune seer.

+ Reply to Thread