<2000 1500 Kabal List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1500 Kabal List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 Kabal List

· 5 Warriors w/ Dark Lance and Raider 105
    · 5 Warriors w/ Dark Lance and Raider 105
    · 5 Warriors w/ Dark Lance and Raider w/ a Horrorfex 110
    · 10 Warriors w/ 2 Blasters and Splinter Cannons 110
    · 10 Warriors w/ 2 Blasters and Splinter Cannons 110
    · 10 Warriors w/ 2 Blasters, Splinter Cannons, and a Sybarite w/ a Nightmare Doll 136

Note: The 10 man squads mount up in the 5 man squads’ Raiders on turn 1.

· Ravager w/ 2 Disintegrators 120
    · Ravager w/ 2 Disintegrators 120
    · Talos 100

· 7 Wyches w/ 2 Blasters, Wych Weapons, a Sucubus w/ an Agoniser, Plasma Grenades, and a Raider 191

· Dracon w/ Combat Drugs, a Shadow Field, an Agoniser, a Splinter Pistol, and Plasma Grenades 108
    · Haemonculus w/ Destructor, Scissorhands, and a Crucible of Malediction 65

Note: The Dracon and Haemonculus are joined with the Wyches.

· 4 Reavers w/ 2 Blasters 120

Most armies have their lead HQ joined with an elite squad, so having the Dracon joined with the Wyches makes sense to me. You can tarpit the squad and take out the HQ. The Haemonculus is there for added support; if the enemy has a psyker then he uses the Crucible, and if they don’t, he just goes straight to hosing down the squad the Wyches are about to charge. As an independent character, he’s detachable, so he won’t be slowing the Wyches down either. The Warriors have plenty of anti-tank, and anti-infantry power. For those not familiar with the “Super-Gunboat” tactic, I would like to state now that this is in fact legal; you can put your squads into other squads’ transports! It doesn’t matter if they left all of their root beer, poisons, souls, and videogames on board, just be sure to return the ride later…you know, assuming you live, and it doesn’t crash…

I feel there’s a lot of faith put into the Wych Raider, but I think that if I’m hitting a flank like I should be, then the other Raiders could probably give it cover. The Nightmare Doll should prove useful; any mission that you look at in the core rulebook has a roll for determining table edge, and it can affect that roll. Also, this determines who gets first turn. If you’re playing on a board that has minimal terrain (for lack of more scorning words) then you might really need that first turn to get where you need to go. I had a hard time deciding what to do with the last 35-70 points, but I ended up investing in the Crucible (you see a lot of psykers nowadays, right?), plasma grenades, and the Nightmare Doll. I was going to have the Reaver squad be 5 man, but I figured that 5th man probably wouldn’t serve much of a purpose anyways. Well, tell me what you think, and where I’m wasting my points.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oops! Huge type-o on here! Those are straight dissi Ravagers, not Vect style!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x1)

Well...
    I don't think talos fits your theme. he's too slow. The quality I like most in DE is that they can totally reposition the whole army in just 1 turn. Talos moves 12 inches at maximum which isn't great. I'd prefer a 3-DL ravager instead of it.
    Not convinced about heamonculus as well. Crucible is too situational for me. I'd prefer to drop heamy and upgrade Dracon to Archon. I'm also a fan of using punisher and t-helm on archon - after all, you mostly need agonizer to fight monstrous creatures, which may not be lord's primary target. Animus Vitae also comes handy sometimes.
    Your configuration of reaver squad is unusual. Usually people take only 3-man suicide squads - reavers are too expensive.

Leftover points could be used for getting night shields for your skimmers. They can really make some vehicles last a couple of turns longer.
    Really, darling, you must not squirm so. It spoils the overall effect.

+ Reply to Thread