<1000 1000pts Eldar Mech List (Help) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000pts Eldar Mech List (Help)

Hi all

This is my first post on Librarium and first try at writing an Eldar army list for others to critique, so go easy on me haha, as I'm only a novice player.

These is pretty much the list I use against my mate, who is the main person I play with. Currently he plays Space Wolves: 1500 points packed with Rhinos, Drop Pods, Grey Hunters, a Redeemer and his Njall/Logan tag team, and also hes started Tyranids: 1000 points including the Swarmlord and a Trygon ! So while needing plenty of models to take out his core infantry, I still need some heavy hitting units to take down tanks and monstrous creatures.

These are my models at the moment: (I would like to keep as many as possible in the list but I have some money to play with and also the option of changing spare parts.)

- Farseer
    - 20x Dire Avengers
    - 2x Wave Serpents
    - 5x Warp Spiders
    - 5x Rangers/Pathfinders

I also have the option to buy a unit of 5 Dark Reapers, an Avatar, a Viper, a Falcon and a winged Autrach pretty cheap, unpainted and almost perfect condition.

Now heres the list I usually use:

HQ
    Farseer with Doom, Guide, Spirit Stones (120 )

TROOPS
    10x Dire Avengers with Exarch, Dual Catapults, Blade Storm (152)
    Wave Serpent with Twin-Linked Bright Lances (135)

10x Dire Avengers with Exarch, Dual Catapults, Blade Storm (152)
    Wave Serpent with Twin-Linked Bright Lances (135)

5x Pathfinders (120 )

FAST ATTACK
    5x Warp Spiders with Exarch, Power Blades, Withdraw (152)

TOTAL: 966 points

I've been playing with that list in 1000 points, and sometimes dropping Guide and Spirit Stones on the Farseer, the Pathfinders upgrade from the Rangers, and the Power Blades and Withdraw options from the Warp Spiders for 124 points to play with. Either a proxy Falcon or Fire Prism has been used in this case, but neither have proven their worth, but then again I only played a game with each.

What can I remove/replace from this list to make it effective? Or is it already good enough? So far I've probally won about 60-70% of the 10-15 or so games I've played with it, but I have trouble claiming objectives once my transports are gone. Maybe 3 Jetbikes could come in handy?

Any help in improving this list would be greatly appreciated, and/or filling in the last few points.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    253 (x7)

Drop the warp spiders and rangers.

Replace with 2 prisms.

put spirit stones on the wave serpents.
    Eldar -APOC- 6500 Points
    Chaos Daemons -Fate Crusher- 3500 Points
    Grey knights - 1000 Points

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That would help alot with the monstrous creatures and tanks, and the AP 3 blast should kill alot of marines, but the Warp Spiders in most games eaither take a two or three wounds off the Trygon or shoot up plenty of Gaunts/Tactical Marines. Maybe just drop the Rangers? But then I don't have anything to sit on an objective.

I got money for my birthday so I'll probally get 3 Fire Prisms anyway, so I'll test it out and get back to you on how it goes. That also means I can use the Death Weaver Squadron in Apocalypse

Thanks for the advice

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    253 (x7)

N/P, have fun.
    Eldar -APOC- 6500 Points
    Chaos Daemons -Fate Crusher- 3500 Points
    Grey knights - 1000 Points

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or if you want more firepower you can get those two Fire Prisms, plus drop Guide, Spirit Stones, change the TL Bright Lances into TL Scatter Lasers, then you can add another Fire Prism and/or Night Spinner (which I finally used yesterday against Necrons and it worked pretty well). No Spirit Stones, but more firepower.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You need to change your army depending on what opponent your facing but one thing is you cant really go wrong with a bit of long range fire power and wave serpents to ferry your troops round with. You can field a wave serpent (With a Twin-linked shuriken cannon and no other upgrades) for 100points. Get a 10 man squad of Guardians and put them in the Wave serpent and zoom them over to your objectives. You got your self a quick objective claim for 180 points.

Jet bikes are cheaper, a three man squad costing 66 points but if you lose two of them they no longer count as a scoring unit so just keep turbo boosting them giving them that ever essential 3+ cover save and claim some last minute objectives.

Some times what you want is something thatll attract a lot of your opponents fire power sparing your ever essential troop selections from harm. An avatar and wriath lords do this quite well as they are hard to wound and you make tham walk side by side up the field to wards you oponnents troops your bound to have all their fire power aimed at them! Then swiftly claim a few objectives and take cover and try to wait out the storm allowing you to win. If you have your troops in tanks then drop off your troops and just send out your tanks to take pot shots at your enemies and dont forget you can always tank shock your enemies if they destroy your tanks weapons! OR just use them to hide your troops behind so they dont take any damage.

+ Reply to Thread