<2000 "I'm back" 1750pts Mech list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"I'm back" 1750pts Mech list

Hey all,
    I just got back home after being away for most of the year and now am faced with my mates new vamp marines army. Also looking at facing eldar (spirit host), orks, vendetta heavy guard army and puppies. So this is what I have come up with. All comments are welcomed.

Farseer w/doom

10 Scorpions w/exarch, claw, stalker
    Serpent w/t-l shuricannon, stones

8 Dragons w/exarch, DB flamer
    Serpent w/t-l shuricannon, stones

10 Avengers w/exarch, duel cats, BS
    Serpent w/t-l blance, stones

10 Avengers w/exarch, duel cats, BS
    Serpent w/t-l eml, shuricannon, stones

8 Rangers (Possibly could go to 6 Pathfinders and add crack shot on the dragons exarch and a spear for the seer)

Prism w/holos, stones

Prism w/holos, stones

Nightspinner w/stones

Ok as I see it my greatest asset is my mobility. Using it correctly I should be able to avoid most assaults and wreak havoc in the weaker sections of the enemy line. Also the new shiny nightspinner will be able to target enemy manoeuvre elements (with a 1 in 6 chance to halt a tank yes please) and help with this.

I have some decent anti armour capability at range too, 2 prisms, a single eml and bright lance, with the dragons as my "in case of emergency" squad.

I should be able to deal hoards with my scorpions, avengers and tank weapons.

I realise the rangers look out of place (I do like the image of them calling in an aspect assault) but they do give this army options: sit them on an objective in my zone (obvious), used as bait (enemy love to send their assault squads into them) to draw off enemy and even to outflank if necessary. Plus their synergy with doom and their anti MC abilities will compliment the rest of the list.

Thanks for reading and look forward to your veiws,

Ragey

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x5)

I'll let someone else do a more in depth review, but take Pathfinders if you can. They improve a good unit to something even better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont rate holofields and would only use them on falcon with farseer guide and expensive weapons and stones on a non transport vehicle are a wast of time. for the 100 points for holos and stones on hvy choices you could have 4 guardian jetbikes with a shuriken cannon

+ Reply to Thread