<1000 Brand new Waaagh! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brand new Waaagh!

Hello all, here is my first attempt at a 1,000 point Ork list:

Battlewagon #1 (280 points total)
    Deff Rolla Upgrade, Red Paint Job, Big Shoota (120 for vehicle)
    20 Boyz /w Nob, Power Klaw, Bosspole (160 for units)

Battlewagon #2 (280 points total)
    Deff Rolla Upgrade, Red Paint Job, Big Shoota (120 for vehicle)
    20 Boyz /w Nob, Power Klaw, Bosspole (160 for units)

HQ/Nob Trukk (250 points total)
    Red Paint Job (40 for vehicle)
    3 Mega Armored Nobz (120 points)
    Warboss w/ Power Klaw, 'Eavy Armor (90 points)

10 Gretchin + 1 Runtherd (40 points total)

2 Squads x 5 Lootas (150 points total)

1000 points even, with 65 models and 3 vehicles. 4 Troops/scoring units.

The way I look at the list is this:
    1. 65 models in 1,000 points is a lot for a mech list, which I like.
    2. Having 4 scoring units is huge, usually people go for 3, I went for 4 because Grots are so cheap and because my Troops are tied into the vehicles.
    3. The two AV14 vehicles can block LOS/create obscurity for the HQ/Nob Trukk.
    4. With 2 Deff Rollas and 10 Lootas split into 2 squads, I should be pretty good on vehicle killing.
    5. The 3 Terminator Nobs and Warboss will rarely assault things by themselves but rather help spearhead/mop up combats with the Boyz.
    6. I put the 5 point Big Shootas as the cheapest weapon on the Battlewagons so they aren't destroyed as easily (i.e. with a Weapon Destroyed result).

My friends play heavy assault/mech lists. Keep in mind I only play 1,000 point games. This is my first attempt at a list. Let me know what you think, thanks!

/tc/

Last edited by TheoryCraft; July 8th, 2010 at 05:53. Reason: Inserted total army points.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ditch either a) 1 boy from each unit or b) the red paint jobs to either a) mega armour and bosspole your warboss(the points saved on the PK make up the rest of the cost) b) swap the eavy armour for cybork and give him a bosspole.

besides that it looks like a good'un

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a pretty solid list. The only thing I really have a problem with is the mega nobz in a trukk. I know you have two BW to block LOS. But If they find a way to blow that up, than you have footsloggin Slow & purposeful crappy BS units that probably wont reach the front line. Maybe you should ditch the WB and throw a Big Mek with a KFF for extra vehicle protection.

Also, I'm not sure about in 1000 pts but the recommended amount of lootas in a group is 9 this way if 2 die you don't have to take a LD test. I think your enemy will be more terrified about the 2 BW and meganobz comin his way but I think in 1000pts 2 squads of 5 is pretty good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really appreciate the responses, guys. I think one thing I could do is run one 9-man Loota squad (instead of 2x5), which saves 15 points which I can then turn my Warboss into a Mega-Armored Warboss. That seems to satisfy both your concerns I'm pretty pleased with how my first list turned out.

At the same time, I've also been doing a lot of reading recently on other 1,000 point Ork army types. I've been hearing how Shootas are better than Sluggas, and I noticed that the Dakka Dakka forums and that Astronomicon-winning list went giant squads of Shootas. I was thinking, how would something like this fare:

Big Mek w/ KFF (85)
    20 Shoota Boyz w/ Nob, PK, Bosspole, 2 Rokkits (180 )
    3 Killa Kanz w/ Rokkits (150 )
    10 Gretchin and 1 Runtherd (40 )

If my math serves me correctly, this comes to 995 points. Obviously, this list is very, very different than the first. I was wondering which list you guys thought was stronger/more competitive? Here was what I was thinking:
    1. The horde list has way more numbers, which is generally a good thing.
    2. The horde list has the KFF to give obscurity to the squads and the 3 Killa Kanz.
    3. The horde list has a lot of ways to deal with armor - 11 rokkits!
    4. Both lists have a lot of troops - 4 in the first list, 5 in the second.
    5. The vehicle list is faster and has more "oomph" up close with charging Sluggas and a Mega-Armored Nob/Warboss vehicle. The second list doesn't have a "Deathstar" unit.
    6. The second list has less kill points.
    7. I could throw in Nob Bikers in the second list to replace one of the squads of Shootas, meaning one less Troops choice but a nice counter-punch CC unit.

I'd be curious to hear what you guys have to say about this list as a comparison. Thanks again for your help! /tc/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lots of shoota boyz is definately one of the best strategy's orks have atm. Might either want to ditch the killa kans and put more shoota boyz in, or drop a squad of shootas and get more kans to make a kan wall. Both are good strategies if you have the money to get that many boyz. Also, I don't think rockets would be very effective, the only way your going to kill tanks is with PK's and rokkits on killa kans because of their better ballistic skill. Ghazkull is supposed to be epic in armies with lots of boyz because of his waaagh, this might not be a very good use of points though in a 1000pt list, but if you expand, keep that in mind.

+ Reply to Thread