<1000 Need help for tourny, 500 & 1000pt Nids - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Senior Member Hive Fleet Macarbe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    128 (x3)

Need help for tourny, 500 & 1000pt Nids

As the name suggests my 500 and 1000pt Nid lists needs some help :/

HQ:
    Hive Tyrant -Wings, Scything Talons

Troops:
    20x Hormagaunts -Toxic Sacs
    3x Tyranid Warriors - 2 with Deathspitters, 1 with Barbed Strangler
    8x Genestealers

Elites:

2x Hive Guards

2x Hive Guards

Heavy Support:

Carnifex -2x Devourer with Brain leech Worms

That comes to 1002 points.

As for my 500 point list im stumped. I would like to include as many of those models as possible, but I do know I will need some more models, such as a Tyranid prime or a tervigon. Anyway thanks in advance!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At the the points level you are playing at I think you need to use a prime not a tyrant. Can you not use a warrior model?

Fex's are ok but trygon are generally better. That said you could run a mini fex star byt associating the warrior prime with the carnifex. Give the prime a deathspitter and you have a nasty unit that shoots alot and can get cover saves. Stick regen on the prime and assign it wounds 1st.

This saves you about 135 points. In an ideal world you would drop the warrior squad and take a tervigon (catalyst, ad and ts) and 10 gaunts, skimming the slight points shortfall from stealers or horm's. Failing that I would bolster your troops with more horms or stealers.

500 pts is Terv again (this time as HQ) at 195, 2 hive guards (100), and a couple of stealer squads (205's worth). Inflitrate the stealers unless the board is small in which case outflanking can be fun (nowhere is safe if the board is 36 inches wide.....). You could drop AG and TS from the tervigon and get another stealer or 2. Probably worth doing that at this points level. If you dont have a tervigon model you can use I am ou of ideas, particlarly on the 500pt list

Just my 2 peneth

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    64 (x1)

at the 1,000

I'd say drop the tyrant or dakkafex, a prime with boneswords and a DS will complement your warriors much better and save you 135 which would be better used (I think) on more hormies or warriors other than that I think it looks fine,

At 500 a Prime or tervi HQ is a must I'd say get 2 zoeys stick the prime with them and fill the rest of your points with gaunts
    (swarmy love)

or fill it with whatever you like but a prime or tervie is a must

Senior Member Hive Fleet Macarbe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    128 (x3)

Okay, thanks for the advice, ill do some swapping and see what I can come up with

+ Reply to Thread