<2000 My first attempt at an Ork list. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x3)

My first attempt at an Ork list.

OK i have a large Tau and SM armies but i am starting an Ork army
    I want to build a 2K list and that is it so everything i buy will be fielded.
    I like the idea of nob Bikers and shootas.
    So my idea so far:

HQ:
    -Wazdakka Gutsmek (to go with nob bikers)
    -Warphead (to go with 20 strong shoota boys)

Elite:
    -8 nobs on bikes, Pk + TL shoota, PK + Shoota/Rokkit + Ammo runt, PK, BP, Waagh banner, normal (instant deaths to him), big choopa, Painboy with grot orderly. ( total points is 510 )
    - 10 Lootas (3 of them are Meks with grots) normal guns

Troops:
    - 30 shoota boys with 3 x big shoota's + nob with PK and BP
    - 30 shoota boys with 3 x big shoota's + nob with PK and BP
    - 20 shoota boys with 3 x big shoota's + nob with PK and BP
    - 12 choopa boys + nob with PK and BP
    Truck with armour plates, Bording plant, grot rig, red paint job
    - 12 choopa boys + nob with PK and BP
    Truck with armour plates, Bording plant, grot rig, red paint job

Heavy:
    - Killa Kan with Grotzooka
    - Killa Kan with Grotzooka
    Battlewagon with Deff rolla, red paint job, grot riggers, armour plates and 3 big guns (to stop weapon destoryed turning into immobilised)

I think both HQ are cool but is it wise to field them (i will prob try out a few different ones here) or should i just keep to the warboss????
    Is that too many points on the nob - with the HQ that 700 points - this has to be too much right? or should i remove the bike HQ and put a warboss with the shield to go somewhere in the tanks to give them a save?
    I have both mech boys and horde boys - is mixing ok or should i still with one type.
    How do people deliver the lootas as they are heavy guns so would need to stay still to shoot or do you just not move them???

As i said im new to orks - i have read up on them but need help.

Also so far i have got 5 lootas/bunner box, about 50 boys (30 shoota, 20 choopa) and a truck so im open to many ideas as i have not bought things yet.

Last edited by Rafici; July 20th, 2010 at 18:54.
    Tau: 6K - W17-D3-L4, Orks: 4K - W9-D0-L2, SM: 7K - W7-D3-L4,CSM: 4K W5-D1-L1, Nids: 3.2K W3-D0-L2
    Apoc games (mixture of armies used): W5-D0-L1

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure, but since no other answers have come, I'll give you a thought. The warbikes come equipped with guns, so you might not be able to have different ranged options for your BikerNobs. If I'm wrong, so be it, but that is the first thing that came to mind when looking at your list. Either way, someone will answer that for the both of us. =)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

91 (x3)

I know in SM they can have hand guns but they can only fire one or the other. For 5 points they are mainly for would allocation.
    Tau: 6K - W17-D3-L4, Orks: 4K - W9-D0-L2, SM: 7K - W7-D3-L4,CSM: 4K W5-D1-L1, Nids: 3.2K W3-D0-L2

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

91 (x3)

Any body else able to help - is there any must have units or should i not be fielding some of these units.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

77 (x1)

Honestly, your list is very good. I didn't comment earlier because I had nothing to say

If I had to be overly critical I would take off the Red Paint Job and Grot Riggers and use those points elsewhere and maybe the same with the rokkit guy in the nob squad and put it on one of the kanz.

seriously the list is good as is though
    Wash: This landing is gonna get pretty interesting.
    Mal: Define "interesting".
    Wash: [deadpan] Oh God, oh God, we're all going to die?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

91 (x3)

Thanks - the one on the nob is to make them all dif.
    Cool its late here but i will look at your improvements tomorrow

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As an ork player it is always a big shock to see the hefty price tag on your recently constructed Nob Biker squad, but theres a reason for that, they can kill anything in the game and are very hard to kill in return. If you're making a Nob Biker list just accept the big points investment and dont worry about it too much. However you have to be careful about what you do with them, don't get in range of a demolisher unless you're sure you'll kill it. Also watch out for Battle Cannons and similar STR 8 and above templates, because your 700 pt investment could go poof. If you're fighting basilisks they need to die immediately. 2+ wound no cover or armor saves and only 5+ invulns to stand in the way of squad destruction. Stupid basilisks.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

91 (x3)

Thanks
    Why no cover save?? i thought all ork bikes always got a cover save from the smoke the engines puts out (i'm guessing not against CC and flamers) Ordinance are no cover save (silly me lol)

Would you run the bikes without the HQ??
    Also the FNP should help or is it not allowed when hit buy double strengh weapons (sorry i never run command squads in SM to know)

Would you do anything differently - i was thinking of trying to get Old Zig HQ (or his names something like that) instead of the warphead???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, well your question about the cover save made me do some research. I'm used to playing an imperial guard player and he says that since Basilisks are barrage weapons no cover saves apply. After my research however it appears that built in cover saves (such as ork smoke) count as the units being "in" terrain like area terrain. In this case their saves should still apply. Against flamers and such no cover save though. Basilisks really arent that scary anymore after reading the barrage section of the rulebook again. Sorry for the mistake and the scare!

I have run with and without the Boss Biker and generally if im running a nob bike list i say go for it. Sure it's a huge point sink, but you have an incredibly mobile 5 attack strength 10 powerklaw with 3 wounds 4+ cover and armor saves 5+ invuln and feel no pain. That followed by the 12 str 9 PK attacks you're bringing WILL wreck anything it touches. Also those bikes are extremely shooty and can outshoot most units, wazdakka can chew up armor with his too.

Feel no pain is what makes nob bikers/ nob squads worth it. I would never run one without it. Sure there are lots of things that will deny its use (ap 1 and 2 and things that will instakill ie double strength weapons.) But against the vast majority of weapons in the game it will do amazing, you can laugh off bolter fire like its lasguns at a wraithlord.

Old zogwort can be cool and his squig thing is hilarious, but unless you're really worried about an opponents HQ and dont think you'll be able to take him down with anything else, go ahead and try to squigify him. I'd personally just bring the warphead though. More cost efficient. If you want to save some points you could just put a warboss on a bike instead of wazdakka. His shooting is worse but still good and I'm not sure (no codex with me) but i think he would be significantly cheaper allowing you to put more boyz in the 20 strong squad.

All in all though I really do like the list. Are those killa kanz units of 3 or by themselves though? I think your armor may get shot up pretty easy because there isnt much. BUT the great part about that is you're orks, so who cares just hop out and join the huge horde, very fluffy. The nob bike squad is great, don't want to sort out all the wargear but make sure you equip them uniquely while spending as few points as you can in doing so. Also i noticed you dont have cybork bodies on your bikers, I'd say you should definitely have that. Assuming you're keeping wazdakka I'd drop the 2 killa kans (if it is just 2) and buy cybork bodies for all the bikers. and add 3 lootas to the loota squad.

Good luck, and Good List. What paint scheme is your army? Any specific clan?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

91 (x3)

Wow thanks for all your help.
    First off yes just 2 single Killa kans, i wanted more but went with more boys.
    I went with 20 shoota boys to go with the warphead as i thought this could make deep striking easier. ????
    Is the 5+ invul save worth it when you have a 4+ cover save most of the time ??? i know it will come in handy against the flamers. Or is its main use when in CC???

Rep to you

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast