<1000 500 pt vs Tau (no Kroot) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

500 pt vs Tau (no Kroot)

Hi I have a 500 pt game vs Tau, and wondered if you could look at my army list (I don't have bikes by the way, and he will not be using Kroot or those other winged aliens)

Autarch [Warp pack, Mandy, Chainsword, Melta] 120

5x DA 60

5 Pathfinders 120

Falcon [EML, Vectored Engines, Holo, Spirit Pebbles] 200

Total 500

Thanks in advance!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x4)

Im no expert when fighting the Tau I have never fought them or seen them in action so I cant offer any advice when fighting them but in a low point game such as this you do need to save points where you can. Holo-fields are expensive in fact for the price of the falcon alone you can get two cheap wave serpents.

Path finders are good but for an additional 40 points you can put a 5 man squad of DAs in a wave serpent which I find more useful. I'd also cut off the warp pack off you Autarch for saving points and put him in with one of the DA squads.

You could also take a wraith lord instead of the second wave serpent as in such small point games there won't be much that can serious wound one or you could take a few war walkers for a bit more support. War walkers are cheap and great when needing that bit of extra fire power, and they can also out flank allowing you to target the back armour of your opponents vehicles if they have any.

Like I said I am not familiar with the Tau or anything about them, I know diddly squat about them honestly. But in low point games I find it best not to put a lot of points into individual units.
    Last edited by Farseer Macleod; July 26th, 2010 at 18:32.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok. had a bit of a re-think

Farseer w guide 75
    5xDA 60
    5xScouts 95
    2x walkers with TL EML 140
    Falcon w EML 135

Plan is to have the scouts in a centrish building, falcon with DA & Farseer come up one flank and walkers perform a flank manouvere to come in on the other flank,

so pincer firewarriors/hammerhad with EML whilst the souts keep the firewarriors pinned...

Sound any good

It's my first game in a few years so dont want to screw it up

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

146 (x4)

Can I just ask what the TL stands for on the warwalkers? If you mean they are twin linked you are mistaken. War walker will have two, yes two Missle launchers each and they are not twinlinked.
    Also since your planning a pincer please remember that you need to roll for what side you walkers come out on so you may actually end up with everything on one side of the field.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see (I don't have the codex to hand).

So potentially 4 plasma missile blast per turn? but I would have to walk them up the flank instead.

My problem is that whatever I take it will be in range of his hammerhead (with 72 inch reach). I was considering a fire prism but as it has the chance to scatter I figured you had a greater chance to hit with a falcon pulse laser and krak missile.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

146 (x4)

No you dont have to walk them up the flank, just use them to out flank and it wont be the end of the world if you come out on the same side as your falcon and put your farseer in it you could use your farseer to guide your walkers for those essential rerolls, you can also reroll scatter dice with guide as well. If your walkers dont come out that same side use guide on the falcon.

When out flanking you roll a D6. 1-2 you come out on the left hand side. 3-4 you come out on the right hand side and on a 5-6 you get to choose which side (Left or right) you come out on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Excuse my ignorance with regards to the rules but does a vehicle have to shoot all it's weapons at the same target?

I don't think the farseer can guide a vehicle or have I got that one wrong?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

146 (x4)

Yes a vehicle deos have to shoot all its weapons at the same target and the rules state to nominate an eldar unit, where as doom specifies a nonvehicle unit so for all intents an purposes you can guide your tanks shots. you can also fortune your tanks so you get to reroll hulldown saves and the cover saves they get for moving flat out.

+ Reply to Thread