<2000 1000 pt doubles tournament - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000 pt doubles tournament

Me and a friend are going into a double tourney and we are hoping to win!!! we both are very like minded. i play orks (no duh) and he plays tyranids. im posting my list now and later ill post his list in the tyranid section and here to see how we could compliment each others lists. so here's my list.

HQ
    big mek
    kff, kmb, ammo runt

elite
    2x5 lootas

troops
    2x30 ork boyz
    nob pk boss poll

fast attack
    2 deffkopta
    TL rokkit, buzz saw, biggbombz

heavy support
    3 killa kanz
    grotzookas

total-998

any advice on how to alter this list is very welcomed.

Last edited by riman1212; August 4th, 2010 at 01:35.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

any body????

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x1)

it is hard to say something without seeing the nids list. can you link to it.

I personally would go more boyz. remove the warboss and kopta to free up some points.

Basically you have to do what nids don't and vice-versa. In 1000 points though orks same trouble not swarming and being effective.

Here's the kicker though. YOUR FRIEND MUST BE THE ANTI TANK! You will not be, he must be. You could have a hell of a swarm on your hands.

Either you swarm or he swarms, there is not other option to be competitive.
    Wash: This landing is gonna get pretty interesting.
    Mal: Define "interesting".
    Wash: [deadpan] Oh God, oh God, we're all going to die?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i would put more boyz in if i had them. also i am allready pressed on getting all my guys painted as it is. ill hopefully be able to call him later tonight if not then tommorow for sure on what his army list is, and what is the problem if we both swarm??? 2 swarm armys wont be expected and i belive no one unless its 2 IG we are playing (there are is only 1 regular who plays IG and one who comes up 3 times a month.) can take down 60 ork boyz and maybe 80 or so buggys, and any way he usally pakes quit a few MC even in small games with venom cannons, 2 fexs, 1 tyrant. 2 units of warriors, 3 each. so i will be posting his list hopefully soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x1)

i understand what you mean. You both can swarm, but you need anti-tank, orks don't have it.

I honestly am a huge fan or swarm lists in both armies (in fact I play swarm lists in both), but in a tourney setting, anti tank will be important to taking down rhinos and other apc's, plus Orks can't take down A14 easily.
    Wash: This landing is gonna get pretty interesting.
    Mal: Define "interesting".
    Wash: [deadpan] Oh God, oh God, we're all going to die?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thats what the deff copta is for to out flank and get side/rear armor on enemy A14 and if that fails they have to sacrifice a unit to take it out. it will save the lives of my orks and other things. if its ignored it can get another shot off then if its still alive i can charge it. its a win-win-win senario.

LO Oldie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x3)

I like this list a lot actually, the main problem I see is the warboss slogging it out on foot. He's gonna attract a LOT of fire. I dont think dropping him would be a bad idea, and use the points to fill in wherever your tyranid list is weak at. The nids should have warriors/tyrants etc that can do a warbosses job. Make sure you keep your kans in seperate squads, immobilized counting as destroyed SUCKS and due to the wording on the KFF you need to have each vehicle within range of it, not one from the squadron.
    2000pts Orks 4-2-1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok ill seperate them and iff i drop the warboss i could give them all riggers and armor plating

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i read the complete tourney rules and have notice some major changes that may have to be made. one, our list TOGETHER must fit a regular force organization chart. so i can't have the warboss anyway. i need to use all of my killa kanz in one unit to give my tyranid player room for heavy's. we both need a minimum of 1 hq each and 1 troop choice. so currently my partner can have----1hq--4troops---1elite---2fast---2heavy so i am now changing my list to fit everything.

it has made things i little more complicated... but that makes it funner

LO Oldie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x3)

You really should post a link to the Nid list before we can help you some more.. Its gonna be harder since both of you have horde armies which are armies that generally speaking eat up a lot of FOC slots
    2000pts Orks 4-2-1

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast