<2000 2000 Point Casual Eldar List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 Point Casual Eldar List

Greetings my friends and I are starting a campaign and I have decided to play Eldar so here is my first attempt at a list.

HQ: Farseer 110 Points
    Runes of Warding Runes of Witnessing Fortune

HQ: Farseer 100 Points
    Runes of Warding Runes of Witnessing Doom

Troops: Dire Avengers 292 Points
    Exarch w/ Second Shuriken Gun and Bladestorm Wave Serpent w/ Spirit Stones and A Starcannon

Troops: Dire Avengers 292 Points
    Exarch w/ Second Shuriken Gun and Bladestorm Wave Serpent w/ Spirit Stones and A Starcannon

Elites: Striking Scorpions 197 Points
    Exarch w/ Biting Blade and Shadowstrike

Elites: Fire Dragons 260 Points
    Exarch w/ Firepike and Tank Hunters Wave Serpent w/ Spirit Stones and a Bright Lance

Fast Attack: Warp Spiders 252 Points
    Exarch w/ Spinneret Rifle and Withdraw

Fast Attack: Vyper 75 Points
    Bright Lance

Fast Attack: Vyper 65 Points
    Eldar Missile Launcher

Heavy Support: Fire Prism 150 Points
    Holo-Field

Heavy Support: Dark Reapers 207 Points
    Exarch w/ Eldar Missile Launcher and Crack Shot

Army Total:2000 Points

As for Tactics the Fortune Seer heads up with the Scorpions Turing to reach enemy in assault the doom seer stays back and uses doom on enemy unitsDire Avengers rush up in transports and take forward objective fire dragons go a hunting for tanks while the dark reapers and The Fire Prism sit in my deployment zone Poping off tanks and stuff while the Vypers and Spiders annoy the enemy as much as possible

Tear it up if it needs it

Cheers in advance

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x4)

Not bad for a first try, mine was far worse :p. If I were you Id stick the vypers together as 1 squadron I find they last a bit longer by doing that because if they take multiple hits you can allocate all penetrating hits to one of them and glancings to the other (They have to have an equal number just as if allocating wounds to a squad of Guardians, etc...)
    Then Id split the warp spiders into two squads giving you more flexability, its an expensive squad so I would like to have them as two seperate units, they are pretty durable with their 3+ armour saves. Also Id give the exarch the extra spinner giving him 4 shots. As I always say 'More shots = More carnage'.

Next, lose the holofields. Yes I love them too but they are so expensive to have you can get something much more useful out of the points. When I fist started out Id always upgrade things with stuff they didnt really need and could have had a lot more on the table that would have been more useful.

Striking scorpions...not my fave but whatever works for you. Personally Howling Banshees are my preference or another squad of Fire dragons

Also you dont need bright lances on the fire dragon tank. By doing that your putting all your anti-tank in one place and if the tank goes boom! Then your fire dragons arent going to last long foot sloggin it down the field. and then youve lost all your anti-tank. Equip a less threatening weapon and maybe your opponents wont target it before your other tanks, if they do boy will they regret it! While we are on the fire dragons, lose the exarch. Its nice to have him but he generally isnt worth the extra points unless you really want the tank hunter ability but a full squad of meltas failing to damage a vehicle? not gonna happen unless you have upset the dice gods BIG TIME!

Lastly...*Phew* Sorry for going on but this seriously is the last thing. :p
    Im a big fan of having Farseers in an army list of any size, but if your gonna take them at least take Runes of warding, it really F***s up your opponents phychic spells big time and causes them to be fustrated, which makes them make mistakes.
    I would personnally however give your farseers two powers and Spirit stones, it makes them that more versatile, but no more than two powers as that is just a waste of points. I also wouldnt take two farseers...but thats a matter of preference.

Hope you kick some ass! Good luck and happy gaming!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x4)

@farseer macleod; he has runes of warding and runes of witnessing on both farseers.

The list is interesting,

The farseers are ok and I like the simple and fairly cheap nature of them. To make them a bit cheaper I would actually drop the runes of witnessing as it rarely becomes a problem.

DA squads seem well built but I'm not a fan of the star cannon with it reduced to 2 shots and being rather expensive I don't think it is worth the points. Switching to EMLs or downgrading to a shuriken cannon or scatterlaser would give you more bang for your buck.

Scorpions could use stalker and I prefer the claw for the exarch as a couple of armor ignoring attacks can tip a close combat. I would say this is going to play counter charge but the only unit in the list that can't fly all over the board is the darkreapers so not sure if a counter charge unit is needed.

Next are the firedragons, I generally take more bodies before I take an exarch unless I want the dragons breath flamer. Also as farseer macleod pointed out giving your most powerful AT units transport your most powerful AT gun makes this to tempting of a target. I like the shuriken cannon because often times the dragon serpent ends up very close to the enemy very quickly so the short range isn't an issue.

The spiders seem like a nice big unit ( no unit sizes listed ) I'm not sure if I would split them up but I think the dual catapults is generally better than the spinneret rifle.

Vypers, single shot weapons on BS 3 is generally looked down on because of it's unreliable nature. Add in the fact that you have a squad of dragons and several places to get twinlinked/BS5 shots I think the brightlance one should move down to a smaller gun. I like the EML because of the blast option (while still retaining a str 8 shot for the times it is needed ) but the scatterlaser or shuriken cannon work alright and cost less.

Next is the fireprism, I like them in pairs more then single but it isn't a terrible option with just one. The holofields are expensive and in alot of lists I recommend not taking them but you are not flooding the field with tanks so the extra protection of the holofields may be worth the cost. If you do keep them grab the spiritstones for them, an eldar tank that can't move will quickly become a dead one even if it has holofields.

The dark reapers seem to be working at mixed purposes the exarch is built to hunt light/medium armor and MCs while the squad is set to hunt MEQs. If this works for you then so be it, look to add in fast shot for the rare times the exarch can get clear shots at targets.

Overall it is a decent casual list, I feel it would be better by dropping the under developed footslogging units and going full mech or building up the fire base more ( some warwalkers would do well for weight of fire ). Lastly the list only has 2 troops at 2k this is far to small picking up a third troop should be a priority.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey guys thanks for the Replies I am still rewriting the list for your comments And it will take a while I'm a slow list writer hahaha

+ Reply to Thread