<2000 2000 - Mech Reserve List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    49 (x1)

2000 - Mech Reserve List

2000 Pts - Eldar Roster - 2000 - 3 Nightspinners

HQ:

Autarch - Mandiblaster; Warp Jump Generator; Power Weapon; Fusion Gun;

Autarch - Mandiblaster; Warp Jump Generator; Power Weapon; Fusion Gun;

Elite:

6 Fire Dragons - Exarch
    Wave Serpent - Spirit Stones; TL Bright Lances

6 Fire Dragons - Exarch
    Wave Serpent - Spirit Stones; TL Bright Lances

Troops:

5 Dire Avengers
    Wave Serpent - Spirit Stones; Shuriken Cannon; TL Missile Launchers

5 Dire Avengers

5 Dire Avengers

Fast Attack:

6 Warp Spiders - Exarch; Death Spinner x2

6 Warp Spiders - Exarch; Death Spinner x2

Heavy Support:

Night Spinner

Night Spinner

Night Spinner

Total Roster Cost: 1999

Okay, so I've decided that the best way to start using my Night Spinners ( 3x FW conversions) is to go hog wild with them. In this case, I've themed the list a bit with the War Spiders so that monofilament wire is everywhere (Though no special rules for the spiders... ce la vi).

In this case, I use the Autarchs to get my +2 to reserve rolls, getting pretty much everything in on Turn 2. The Night Spinners roll up behind cover, ready to fire. The DA Serpents move in ready to shoot long range AT. The FD serpents roll up to fire their BL's or move flat-out to get the 4+ cover.

The Autarchs and Spiders drop in target any dangerous tanks. If I can get rear armor then the Deathspinners may help incase the fusion gun flubs.

The Night Spinners themselves would initially target any gunline-AT units or fast moving assault units. With three templates, I can hopefully spread them out enough to grind my enemies units to a halt.

Any advise is always appreciated and repped!

Arvan'drynn Craftworld - 15,000pts (deceased)
    Tau - 2,000 points (atomized while on patrol)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x4)

Very interesting synergies.

I`m not fond on brightlances on dragons serpents due to the fact that are decreasing the chances of survival of your spider autarch teams.

I suggest powerblades on spider exarchs to improve the cc capability(it really works, tried that done that).

Exarch on dragons are wasted points

I would do dragons teams 5 man without exarchs (that`s 50+ points) and shuriken cannons on dragons serpents (another 50 points).

Putting powerblades and maybe withdraw on spiders will let you for 1-2 vypers with shuriken cannon for fire support/movement blocking and cover giving to your units. And if he is shooting a vyper he is not shooting at your important units. point value are from memory don`t have codex with me atm...think about it.
    Hight elf and Craftworld Eldar army project pics heavy: linky

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    253 (x7)

Id either beef up the DA squads or take a 4th 5 man one. in addition to everything he above me just said
    Eldar -APOC- 6500 Points
    Chaos Daemons -Fate Crusher- 3500 Points
    Grey knights - 1000 Points

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I'd do here is first put those 2 Bright lances on your DA serpents, so you don't carry all your AT eggs in a single basket. If you put them on DA serpents, your opponent will have to think about who to shoot and that alone gives you a tactical advantage at no cost. Use TL shuricannons instead on Dragon serpents.

I like having an exarch inside a FD squad, but only if he actually adds something other than one extra melta shot which will more than likely be wasted because the tank would fall just as easily to 5 meltas as to 6. In this list, I'd definitely use 5-man FD squads instead.

So the points you'd be saving are 96 points. With that give your Spiders Powerblades and Withdraw power(it works really well with a power weapon Autarch inside) and you still have 47 points to spend.

I would also consider dropping 1 Nightspinner for a Holofield Falcon. Put those 5 DA inside it and you have a gunship that can hold objectives and generally be a thorn in your opponent's side. Those 47 points should cover the slightly higher cost of the Falcon(depends on whether your Nightspinner had Holofields or not, but it should still be doable if you put a Scatterlaser + shuricannon combo or EML + Holofields. No spirit stones really needed. With so much other more immediate threats to take care of, I doubt your opponent will shoot the Falcon anytime soon, and besides, Falcon in this case is not a transport, it doesn't need them that badly)

Once you do that, you don't need the 5th Serpent, you'll get lots of points there that could be spend to either max out those two other DA squads(I'm a big fan of 10-man DA squads with Bladestorm and Exarch with dual shuricats = 32 BS4, S4 attacks. Times two.) or get some vypers in, like Niraco said. Although I don't have Vypers, so dunno their practical uses. Hope this helps!

+ Reply to Thread