My 1500points list, feedback please - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My 1500points list, feedback please

I've not played in a while, 2-3 years. So i decided to write a new list.

HQ - Ghazghkull Thraka = 225
    - Big Mek; Kustom Force Field = 85

Nobz; Power Claw x4; Waaagh Banner x1 = 195

Troops - Ork Boyz: (choppa) x 20 = 120
    Troops - 'Ard Boyz x 10 with; Nob; Power Claw; Boss Pole = 136

Elites - Tank Bustaz x 6 = 90
    Elites - Burna Boyz x 9 = 135
    Elites - Kommandoz x 5 with; Burna x 1 = 65

Fast - Warbikers x 3 = 75

Heavy - Killer Kan x 1; Big shoota = 40
    Heavy - Deff Dread x 1; Kustom Mega Blasta; Skorcha = 95
    Heavy - Looted Wagon x 1;boomgun; bigshootaz x 2 = 115

All up it comes to 1496points
    (Nobz taken as troop choice)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

*moved to the army list section*
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not very sure what kind of list your going with. It seems closest to "balanced" but I might place it closer to "Cluttered". No worries. Lets go through it.

HQ - Ghazghkull Thraka = 225

++Perhaps too many points for a 1500 army, try a warboss with mega armor an cyborks. Works out to be about... 100 points cheaper (roughly). Not as beastly, but I think you'll be able to work with this model just as well. If you have the ghazskull model? Call it a Meganob warboss. Done.

- Big Mek; Kustom Force Field = 85

++Useful, Park him around your Looted wagon and kans as they move forward, it should make things fun.

Nobz; Power Claw x4; Waaagh Banner x1 = 195

++4 Nobz WILL get killed. Even 8ish or more get killed without a trukk or battlewagon. IF, and I don't recommend it, you take this squad, drop 2 Klaws to save points (they will likely die anyways) and buy a trukk with the points. WAAAAGH Banner is good, but should come AFTER a Bosspole, a needed item for ALL ork units that can take them.

++Good, though shootas would work better in your army. Add a Nob with Klaw and BP. You need to.

++Good, though shootas would work better in your army. Add a Nob with Klaw and BP. Please.

Troops - 'Ard Boyz x 10 with; Nob; Power Claw; Boss Pole = 136

++No. 'Ard boyz aren't worth it unless you also throw them in a trukk. 'Ard boyz just means more expensive cannon fodder if they have to walk into combat. Good Nob though. If you want, make it two squads of 25, each with a Nob w/PK and BP.

Elites - Tank Bustaz x 6 = 90

++Eh... I got them because I liked the models. I shelved them because unless your facing an IG armor unit where a Tank is NEVER out of range, your gonna just get upset about it. Good unit size though. I find more is overkill. If you keep them, best way to work it is in a looted wagon with two tank hammers. Squigs are cool too if you face a lot of tanks, as you can use the tankhammers to release the squig at any tank, and the rest of the Tankbustas can shoot at any unit still.

Elites - Burna Boyz x 9 = 135

++ SHOOT ME PLEASE ++ Thats the sign they're holding up anyways... Burnas are effective, but you need them in the right army... Best method? Battlewagon or looted wagon. See my below notes though, might be a better idea.

Elites - Kommandoz x 5 with; Burna x 1 = 65

++If you like Kommandoz, drop the burnas, add snikrot, then add as many burnas to the squad as it will let you. This saves you points and a FOC slot for their transport, and allows them to sneak in behind the enemy, or scout forward closer before the game starts. Allows a pretty nice unit thats flexible for anti infantry with 3 templates and a TON of CC attacks, OR, a Power Klaw for anti vehicle.

Fast - Warbikers x 3 = 75

++In a battle this size, I'd recommend 5. 3 to 4 is 1000, 5-7 is 1500, 8+is 2000 plus (roughly and varies on each persons opinion, this is not fact nor in any book, just my thoughts/experience... Though a squad of 12 in a 1000 pt game survives and draws a lot of fire from EVERYTHING... Wow.)

Heavy - Killer Kan x 1; Big shoota = 40

++Wouldn't Take it on its own. If you do? Put a Rokkit, KMB, or Grotzzooka on it. Take advantage of the BS, not take a Big Shoota.

Heavy - Deff Dread x 1; Kustom Mega Blasta; Skorcha = 95

++Focus. One or the other. KMB, or Skorcha. Do this: Deff Dread x 1; KMB x 2 :R:: Deff Dread x 1; Skorcha; Close Combat Weapon

Heavy - Looted Wagon x 1;boomgun; bigshootaz x 2 = 115

++Good, you want at least two weapons, That way its not a... mess once the main gun gets taken out. 'Ard case it if possible.

Alright, in conclusion heres roughly what I'd do with your base list.

Warboss, Mega Armor, Cyborks- 110

5x Nob, 'Eavy Armor, BP x1, PK x 2, Big Choppa x2, WAAAGH Banner- 200
    -Trukk- 35

30 Shoota Boyz, 3 Big Shoota, Nob With Power Klaw BP- 235

30 Shoota Boyz, 3 Big Shoota, Nob With Power Klaw BP- 235

Killa Kan x 3 w/Rokkit Launcha- 150

10x Kommando, Snikrot, 2x burna- 215

Looted Wagon, Boomgun, 2x Big Shoota, 'Ard Case- 125

This list is 1305 Points. That leaves room if you want to add a Trukk squad of 'Ard Boyz, a Deff Dread and a Big Mek, a squad of Warbikers, Tankbustas in a looted wagon, and a few more options, while maintaining your base list. I hope this helped, let me know what you end up doing.
    Lord Dnigh
    Webmaster, www.lorddnigh.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for your help. I will let you know when ive decided what to do. As I have no shoota boy models ill have to convert all my sluggas and buy some more boys to make them into shootas. The rest is fine. I like the list thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by rocketmanpwns View Post
    Thanks for your help. I will let you know when ive decided what to do. As I have no shoota boy models ill have to convert all my sluggas and buy some more boys to make them into shootas. The rest is fine. I like the list thanks
    Just a suggestion before you go waargh crazy chopping off limbs! Many people are perfectly fine with merely stating (These guys are shoota boyz instead of choppa/slugga boyz). Instead of modifying the models.

Talk to the people you play with, before spending two weeks of buying, modding, cutting, chopping, gluing, and repainting, 60+ models!

+ Reply to Thread