<2000 Upcoming tournament list 1750pts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

19 (x1)

Upcoming tournament list 1750pts

Hi people.

I've two tournaments coming up and I'm trying to decide on a 1750pt list to use for the two of them. That way I can get the final models finished and painted up for both tournaments. Both tournaments consist of 5 matches played over 2 days.

Heres the provisional list.

Shas'el w/MP, PR, TA, HWMT & HWBSF
    Bodyguard w/MP, PR, TA & HWMT

Shas'el w/MP, PR, TA, HWMT & HWBSF
    Bodyguard w/MP, PR, TA & HWMT

TL w/ MP, PR, TA & HWMT
    2 x XV8 w/MP, PR & MT

2 x XV8 w/ TLMP & TA

FW x 6

Kroot x 10
    KH x 4

Kroot x 10
    KH x 4

Piranha skimmer w/FB, TA & DP

Pathfinder x 7
    Shas'ui w/BK
    Devilfish w/DP, FD & MT

Hammerhead w/Railgun, 2 x BC, DP & MT

Hammerhead w/Railgun, 2 x BC, DP & MT

2 x Shield Drone
    XV88 w/ASS

Total 1748pts

Ok so theres the list. Its taken me a bit of tweaking and I'm (kind of) happy with it, although as always I appreciate feedback if anybody can see ways to improve it. I have extra models although I'm maxed out on crisis suits (I own 9). I've tried to have as many BS4 suits as possible so the marker hits can be saved for railguns or for reducing cover saves. If i remove the 3 HWBSFs I would have 11pts left but couldn't find anything better to spend the points on. The one on the XV88's should come in handy at least as i am expecting 1-2 battles with dawn of war. Being able to take out armour in turn one will be useful.

I'm also trying to decide whether to find some points to get a second FW team in a DF to hold in reserve, I just don't know what to drop. I'm also thinking of the usefulness of dropping a railhead and replacing with an ionhead, I've just never used one before.

As I said any advice is welcome. I rarely get to play these days as I've been working away from home all year. I'm a tad rusty!

Last edited by furstenburg; September 4th, 2010 at 10:20.

+ Reply to Thread