<1000 Eldar semi-competitive will this list work? help! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eldar semi-competitive will this list work? help!

120- Autarch- wings, fusion gun, mandi blasters, power weapon

200- 5 Wraithguard- warlock
    100- Wave Serpent- twin-linked shuriken cannon

130- 10 Storm Guardians- 2 flamers, warlock w/ spear, destructor
    130- 10 Storm Guardians- 2 flamers, warlock w/ spear, destructor

120- 3 War Walkers- 6 shuriken cannons

1000 points exactly. im not going to be facing any land raiders/monoliths, is this enough anti tank? will it be a colossal failure?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x4)

drop the wings or you`ll have a lonely autarch coming on the table. and that is bad.
    Lower the guard to 3 (if you do not want to take dragons) and take a enhance warlock with spear
    I do not think that spear is necessary in flamer squadrons. But is not necessary bad.

I would do this
    1 Autarch (HQ) @ 100 Pts
    Power Weapon
    Fusion Gun
    Mandiblasters

3 Wraithguard (Elites) @ 248 Pts
    Wraithsight
    Wraithcannon
    1 Warlock
    Singing Spear
    Enhance

1 Wave Serpent @ [100] Pts
    TL Shuriken Catapults
    TL Shuriken Cannon

10 Guardian Storm Squad (Troops) @ 227 Pts
    Flamer (x2)
    1 Warlock
    Destructor

TL Shuriken Catapults
    TL Shuriken Cannon

10 Guardian Storm Squad (Troops) @ 227 Pts
    Flamer (x2)
    1 Warlock
    Destructor

TL Shuriken Catapults
    TL Shuriken Cannon

1 War Walker (Heavy Support) @ 40 Pts
    Left Shuriken Cannon (x1)
    Right Shuriken Cannon (x1)

1 War Walker (Heavy Support) @ 40 Pts
    Left Shuriken Cannon (x1)
    Right Shuriken Cannon (x1)

1 Fire Prism (Heavy Support) @ 115 Pts
    Hight elf and Craftworld Eldar army project pics heavy: linky

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The autarch is really intended for tank/MC hunting. As long as he takes out one defiler or tervigon then he's more then made back his points, and without wings he just can't do that anymore. (plus he looks so legit)

I really want the full unit of war walkers, they are fragile enough that numbers are one of their only defences, and lone prisms tend to suck, right?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

168 (x4)

If anyone let a T3 4+ inv save alone character alive after 1st turn or second you play a brain dead enemy and you`ll win anyway. then if you run 3 walkers at least run them in 3 units of 1. target saturation really works and you don`t get all your walkers killed in 1 shooting turn or get bogged down by 30 gaunts or 5 marines.
    lone prisms don`t suck if you really know their meaning. Just you don`t have the combined shot which really suck (yeah 1 shot wonder and you roll 1 or 2 on damage roll chart lol...run the probabilities and laugh). And the lone prism is giving you the low AP gun you need.

butthe prism is not a need choice. running walkers as separate units and autarch beeing not a suicide kid are need choices. also the warlock in guard unit (roll ones in the disembarkation and is a fun lol to have a 200 points unit doing nothin in a transport).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't see a reason you couldn't run the Autarch with the Wraithguard as Niraco says. Drop his wings, saving you a few points and put him with them, use the extra points to buy some Spirit Stones on Waveserpents. They will be hunting the same stuff anyway, small elite units like Terminators, Nid Warriors or Tanks because they are all shooting low AP short ranged weapons which double as weapons that can penetrate armor pretty easily. The Wraithguard can double as a bodyguard, allocating wounds to them that will have much more difficulty damaging them then the Autarch.

If he runs by himself, he will probably get killed in the first turn he gets in range of enough guns. He might not even get close enough to pop a tank before that happens. A single round of rapid fire bolters, Avenger shuriken catapults or a single salvo from one Scatter laser, much less a whole units worth, will instant kill him. Simply put, he can't run alone.

Also, he would benefit from Enhance, bringing him to WS 7 and I 7. He's going to require be hitting just about everyone at 1k points on a 3+ and striking before just about everyone too, mitigating the returning attacks you are bound to receive and compensating for your Wraithguards weak CC ability.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so heres the revamped list, does this look like it will work?

100- Autarch- fusion gun, mandi blasters, power weapon

215- 5 Wraithguard- warlock w/ enhance
    110- Wave Serpent- twin-linked shuriken cannon, stones

127- 10 Storm Guardians- 2 flamers, warlock w/ destructor
    127- 10 Storm Guardians- 2 flamers, warlock w/ destructor

40- War Walker w/ shuriken cannons

999 points.. i wish i could give all three of the serpents stones but i dont know where to sacrifice points for that

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

serpents without stones.... im not a fan honestly imho stones are a must after all ur an eldar tank and eldar tanks r not known for their high armor value. i would personally replace the wraith guard with a squad of fire dragons. they do pretty much the same thing as wraithguard for cheaper except theyre better at taking down tanks and wraithguard are better on tyranids but the biggest advantage of firedragons is that theyre 80 points for a barebones squad of 5 and a tooled up squad of ten runs 195 still cheaper than the guard and 10 man firedragon squad is sometimes overkill

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

168 (x4)

while fombat say some good things, T6 in low points is not any other army can deal easily. at 1500 the high T is easily countered. That is not the thing with 1000 point games.

spirit stones you can put by letting go one guard. but dunno if really needed in 1000 game (unless you face devs or hive guard).

This type of army can work but is swiss knife not a butcher axe. you pick a flank and mass gang bang that flank while you hope 2 of 3 walkers come that flank and help ditching enemy transports for the flamers to kill.

you need to synchronize disembarking so you can have alpha strike on the enemy infantry with maximum efficiency. pick your tactics wisely and you`ll do ok

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Niraco, let me just say that I am happy that "gang bang" is something that found it's way into your "limited English". Nice to know the important phrases are being taught somewhere. lol

The man knows what he is talking about. He tends to prefer lists that are a little too cookie cutter for my taste, but his advice is generally sound.

Anyway, hope this list is coming together.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

168 (x4)

Lol Faedryth...that you...like in any part of the world insults and foul names are what you learn first in a foreign language....still rep because you made me laugh.

+ Reply to Thread