<2000 1500pts tourny list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500pts tourny list

i've writtten up a tourny list for the tourny i'm doing.
    1500pts tau
    HQ 379pts
    shas'el, twin linked missilepods, plasma gun, gundrone 98pts
    shas'vre, twin-linked missile pods, bonding knife, plasma gun, gundrone x2 166pts
    6 twin-linked strength seven shots, where can i go wrong . the gundrones are for extra wounds
    ethereal, 12 honour guard, bonding knife, markerlight 209pts
    Because they get plus one bs + markerlight
    elites 436pts
    6 stealth suits, bonding knife, markerlight, x 2 398pts
    1 crisis suit, twin-linked missile pods, plasma gun 53pts
    these will strike in
    troops 500pts
    10 firewarriors,team leader, bonding knife, markerlight x 4 500pts
    they're going to gunline or take objectives whichever nessacary.
    Heavy support 170pts
    hammerhead, railgun, disruption pods, flechette dischargers, smart missile system 170pts
    flechettes saved me once against a nid shrike
    1500pts

what do you guy's think

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SWEET LORD IN HEAVEN!!!

I hope you aren't too sensitive to criticism...
    There are all kinds of problems here...

LIST: when posting a list please for our eye's sake put a blank line to separate at least the force slots of your units...

HQ1: get rid of the gun drone and put a hard wired multi-tracker on the suit so you can fire both weapons at the same time. Don't take bodyguards unless you...
    A.) have the extra points AFTER making the rest of the core units needed.
    B.) You are determined to have an all mech list.

HQ2: Ethereal's are a bad choice! Even more-so in tourney's, if you need/want another HQ take another crisis suit.

ELITE: Stealth suits are NOT worth the points they consume in a tourney. One XV8... that is suicide in a tourney, crisis suits are the best unit we have and all Elite slots should have some variant of 3 per slot.

TROOP: You only need roughly 2 groups of 6xFirewarriors for a 1500pts game, and at least 2 groups of kroot( 10xkroot,5hounds=100 ).

FAST: You have no fast? with all of the ML support from other units you should instead have 1 Pathfinder team of 4-6models, and a squad of 2x piranha w/fusion blaster's for vehicles.

HEAVY: A basic hammerhead is all you need, at 155pts you get RG, BC, DP
    also a group of at least 2x Broadsides w/ASS helps.

POINTS: most of your totals are wrong, you may want to look at the costs of your units again.

THOUGHTS: This looks similar to a list I made back before I bought my first models, If you plan on playing competitively, I suggest rethinking your list heavily and read all of the following.

http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...dated-5th.html
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...les-guide.html
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...ypes-uses.html
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...s-wargear.html

Sorry if I sounded a bit harsh in some of this, but having played for a while now some things work, others blatantly don't...
    http://www.videogamevoters.org/
    Support you right to play video games, its for the greater good...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with Blood Seriph on alot of things. Ethereal, NO! Body Guard isn't a scoring unit and too easily killed to be offset by BS4 (Our veterans should already be BS4, grumble grumble). No Retinue Crisis suits, put them into the Elite slot, and just run Deathrain suits for 159 pts, Get rid of 2 Firewarrior squads and the Ethereal's squad and buy Pirannhas (or at least 6 pathfinders, don't bond them), and buy Devilfish for the remaining FireWarrior squads, please drop the MLs as with our bad BS aren't worth it and the MLs aren't networked. and finally for some basic tips.
    • If your are going to take two weapon systems on a suit, take a Multi Tracker (exception is Broadsides)
    • Gun Drones count towards Leadership tests, don't take them with your suits
    • 6 Stealth suits with TAs and BCs are alright, but never take more than this
    • I would recommend taking a Multi Tracker on your HH
    • BCs on vehicles are better (Same strength, AP, more shots, less cost)
    And finally, I would strongly recommend you take a look at those guides that Seriphed included in his post
    My Dice keep me in check

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not harsh at all

thanks for the replies guys

i had a thought, what if i remove the monat and a squad of firewarrriors, and replaced them with three broadsides

Points, i think i missed a few upghrades off, the stealth suit squads both have fusion guns, ...
    Last edited by nomsheep; September 18th, 2010 at 12:55. Reason: added info

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the broadside idea, just take 2 shield drones, not just one so when you do lose 1, 1/5 doesn't constitute a leadership check. the fusion stealths aren't bad, you just need to dedicate them to a role. also outflank works wonders with stealth teams. 18" str5 to rear armour 10 is nothing to sneeze at. The one final tip i would advise is to seriously consider dropping the Ethereal, his benefits just don't overwiegh the consequences of him dying.
    My Dice keep me in check

+ Reply to Thread