<2000 2000 pt. Deep-Strike Tyranid List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 pt. Deep-Strike Tyranid List

Hello, all -- not VERY new to 40k (been playing for almost a year now), but pretty new to 'nids. All I can ask is that people please tear this list limb from limb so I can see the problems

HQ Swarmlord
    * Mycetic Spore

HQ Hive Tyrant
    * Leech Essence, Paroxysm
    * Hive Commander
    * Mycetic Spore

TROOP Tervigon
    * Catalyst

TROOP Tervigon
    * Catalyst
    * Mycetic Spore

TROOP Termagaunt Brood (20 )
    * Mycetic Spore

TROOP Termagaunt Brood (19)
    * Mycetic Spore

TROOP Warrior Brood (4)
    * Lash-Whip and Bonesword
    * Mycetic Spore

TROOP Warrior Brood (4)
    * Lash-Whip and Bonesword
    * Mycetic Spore

HEAVY SUPPORT Mawloc

HEAVY SUPPORT Mawloc

TOTAL: 2000 pts

The idea is that, with both the Swarmlord's Alien Cunning and the Hive Tyrant's Hive Commander ability, most of my reserve forces should arrive at the same time, on turn 2. On the first turn down, most of my shooting will be concentrated on enemy heavy weapons teams (hopefully the two Mawlocs should be able to disrupt heavy tank positions as well). Then my surviving monsters take the chance on Turn 3 to get stuck into combat while the Tervigons (one of which is outflanking) team up with their respective Termagaunt brood (with FNP every turn) to either wreak havoc on ground troops or take objectives, depending on the game type. The Warriors are my shock troops of the list, hopefully moving in to give enemy heavy infantry a VERY bad day, but equally suited to cutting a swath through normal enemy troops and taking objectives. Let me know what you think!

Last edited by alioth27; September 23rd, 2010 at 18:26.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just a quick note. the swarmlord and hive tyrants in general can't take mycetic spores.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    344 (x8)

^ That and your list has an appaling lack of anti tank. Go back to the drawing board, its not even worth giving advise here, the list would be so, so differnt. Go back, put in shedoalds of anti tank, then try again.
    Your friendly neighbourhood gargantuan creature

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, the idea is that the numerous MCs would serve as anti-tank; thanks for the feedback, though. Gonna have to re-work it anyway because of the no-Tyrants in Spores thing.
    Last edited by alioth27; September 23rd, 2010 at 22:25.

jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

I don't advise you to take both the swarmlord and tyrant at 2K as that will be already 1/4 of your army, but unfortunately, that's the proper way to do it.

Make your tyrant a flyrant either with 2x TL-D's or 2x scything talons. My personal favorite are the 2x TL-devourers.

If you take the Swarmlord, give him 1 tyrant guard.

Do not take more than 1 tervigon, as the other one would have to trudge up the map. With just 1 tervigon, you could outflank him thanks to hive commander.

With the tyranid warriors, give them rending claws. That way, they can handle both infantry and tanks.

Go with plain trygons over mawlocs.

Finally, consider zoans in spores and ymgarl genestealers.
    Record: Win - Loss - Draw: Hive Fleet Pandora (New) 32-6-6 Space Wolf 7th Co. 52-11-6
    Blood Angels 12-4-2 Daemonhunters 20-8-3
    Imperial Guards 12-5-2 Daemons 8-3-2

+ Reply to Thread