<1000 600 Points Tourney - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x1)

600 Points Tourney

Hey Babs,
    I might enter the GW school tourney. For those who are unfamiliar, the rules are 600 pts, 0-1 elites 0-1fast attack or heavy support.

Plasma Rifle
    Missile Pod

4 Stealth Suits

6 FWs w/BK

6 FWs w/BK

3 XV8s w/ASS

I'm going to do a mini corner castle, with the Stealth Suits infiltrating on the weaker units.

Current Armies: Tau, Dark Angels, Wood Elves, Bretonnians
    Side Projects: Imperial Guard, Dark Eldar, High Elves, The Empire

2. Remove Advertisements

3 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

11 (x1)

HQ: looks solid but consider taking a twin linked missile pod and hard wiring your multi tracker for its only 6 more points...

ELITE: I would advise against stealth's for that low a points total and that weird a restriction, XV8's are the workhorse of the tau army.

TROOP: take 1 group of 6x FW, and a group of 10x kroot, trust me you'll want that blockade. Don't bother with upgrading anything.

HEAVY: are you referring to XV88's? Ditch one of them, you don't need that many for this low a points game, remember; at least 1xRG for every 500pts(3's overkill).

EVALUATION: your mini corner castle will crumble very easily ( its happened before to me with a similar setup ) a smart player will ignore or quickly engulf your stealth suits then eat your mini corner castle for desert.
    I would suggest the following list;

HQ: XV8: TLMP, PR(AFP), HWMT, SI, BK, HWTL. 113pts
    T1: FW x6. 60pts
    T2: Kroot x10, Hound x5. 100pts
    E: XV8 x3: 1x Leader, TLMP, PR, HWMT. 2x TLMP, Flamer. 167pts
    H: XV88 x2: TLRG, SMS, ASS. 160pts
    Total: 600/600pts

Deploy standard corner castle preferably near a piece of forest/jungle terrain, If most of what you face is anything other than MEQ type army's, trade the HQ's PR for the AFP.

I hope that helps.
    Support you right to play video games, its for the greater good...

+ Reply to Thread