<1000 Tyranid 1000 pts. With Shrikes! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x1)

Tyranid 1000 pts. With Shrikes!

I have something about 28 termagants, 16 devourer gants, 14 stealers with nothing, broodlord, 3 ripper swarms and 3 warriors (not assembled yet). Plus tervigon (already converted). I want to create not a tourney but interesting and more or less competetive army. So I've wrote the following list:

== HQ ==
    The Parasite of Mortrex (1) = 160 pts.

== Troops ==
    Tervigon (1) - Stinger Salvo, AG, Toxin Sacs, Cat = 195 pts.
    Broodlord Brood (258 pts.)
    --> Broodlord (1) - Scything Talons = 62 pts.
    --> Genestealer (14) = 196 pts.
    Termagant Brood (16) - Devourer = 160 pts.

== Fast Attack ==
    Tyranid Shrike Brood (5) - Rending Claws, Scything Talons, AG = 225 pts.

== Total ==
    998 pts.

So, for this list I need 3 more warriors, 6 sets of wings and a number of rending claws.
    All the army breaks into three groups:
    1. Tervigon+gauns. Gaunts are shooting. Tervigon spawn and bearing heavy weapon shooting under Feel no pain. They capture an objective and control it for the rest of the game.
    2. Genestealers with broodlord - outflanks and try to get Feel no pain from Tervigon to shred enemy apart, throw it away from any objective or the like and control it too, if necessary.
    3. Shrikes with The parasite of Mortex - Deep strikes or flies under cover to catch a group of enemy infantry units to produce tonnes of rippers. As secondary objective - can wreck any tank, even a LandRaider if necessary.

Have you any ideas, how to use my minis more effectively or more interesting?

P.S: I really love how tyranid shrikes with rending claws and ST look like. I wanna try them.

Last edited by Erdagan; September 30th, 2010 at 13:35.

+ Reply to Thread