<2000 1500 point semi-competitive list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x1)

1500 point semi-competitive list

Ok guys, so here is my army list:

HQ
    Shas'El+FB+PR+TA+HWMT+SI+HWDC+1xShield Drone - 122

Elites
    x3 XV8+TLFlamer+MP - 129
    x3 XV8+PR+MP+MT - 186
    x3 XV8+PR+MP+MT - 186

Troops
    FWx6 - 60
    FWx6+EMP+(DF+DP ) - 163
    Krootx10 - 70

Fast Attack
    Piranha+FB+DP+TA - 75
    PFx6+(DF+DP ) - 157

Heavy Support
    Railhead+DP - 145
    Broadsidesx2+A.S.S.+Team Leader+HWDC+Shield Drone x1 - 205

Total:1498

I will use my HQ to deepstrike behind opponents and get close to light vehicles and commanders. Same goes for piranha.

My Heavy Support blows stuff up!

My EMP FW squad will be taking out any other vehicles that escaped.

I'm hoping that with all this focused on taking out vehicles, I'll be able to use my other battlesuits to take out squishy troops, and my pathfinders will be markerlighting it up!

My other FWs will be for taking objectives, and the kroot will die like they do best.

Please give me some feedback, its extremely welcome!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HQ: Interesting.

ELITE: Good, I've used that flamer squad before its good but will die fairly quickly when they reach CC.

TROOP: Personally I wouldn't buy a DF, I'd just get another PF squad and use theirs.

FAST: good

HEAVY: you forgot to buy the secondary weapon system for your Hammer head (it is required) so you need to find 10-20 points.

ASSESSMENT: I wish your HQ the best in his task, Also EMP grenades dont work too well without the ability to roll very well, so I hope you are a Vegas pro.
    Last edited by Blood Seriph; September 30th, 2010 at 19:15.
    http://www.videogamevoters.org/
    Support you right to play video games, its for the greater good...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x1)

Thanks for reminding me about the 2nd weapon system on the hammerhead, I do need to get that.
    Also, I have been rethinking the EMP grenades, as I feel I have enough anti-tank already on the field. If I take those off the field, along with one DF, I'll be able to fit in the Railheads secondary weapon, give it a blacksun filter(Good for that Raigun in DoW) and decoy launcher(I hate immobilized from a glancing, my SM friend gets really lucky with those), and add another piranha!
    Thanks again, My revised list is below:

HQ
    Shas'El+FB+PR+TA+HWMT+SI+HWDC+1xShield Drone - 122

Elites
    x3 XV8+TLFlamer+MP - 129
    x3 XV8+PR+MP+MT - 186
    x3 XV8+PR+MP+MT - 186

Troops
    FWx6 - 60
    FWx6 - 60
    Krootx10 - 70

Fast Attack
    Piranha+FB+DP+TA - 75
    Piranha+FB+DP+TA - 75
    PFx6+(DF+DP+DL) - 162

Heavy Support
    Railhead+BC+DP+DL+BF - 165
    Broadsidesx2+A.S.S.+Team Leader+HWTL+HWDC+Shield Drone x1 - 210

Total:1500

Now that I don't have the extra DF, I'll probably use one of my FW squads to give the kroot some extra help. I know that alot of people say to keep your FWs mobile, but I would rather have them doing something other than running around the battlefield. I feel that, in a objective match, unless there are a ton of objectives, I can win by taking one or two and contesting or killing off most of my opponents troops this way.

If I do get another PF Squad, it will be at 1750 or 1850 pts, since I feel like I only need them for my elites at this level, and I love piranhas.
    Last edited by Taubeast; October 1st, 2010 at 19:20.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I should have bought pirahnas last week when i went on my spending spree, but i had to get sum more xv 8's, 3 just wasn't cutting it. Anyways, lemme know how it plays out, especially with that wacky unorthodox hq ya got there.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uz5cl131KTk

I wonder if there will be cake.....

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x1)

I sure will, I should be playtesting it this friday against a heavy-hitting Space Marine list
    Hopefully it will work out for the better.

Tau for the victory!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In that case...
    If your going against space marine's Id drop the flamer squad and get a 2-suit Fireknife squad(you'll also have 5pts left if you do this).

Good Luck.
    http://www.videogamevoters.org/
    Support you right to play video games, its for the greater good...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x1)

Thanks for that last bit. I really was trying to make this an all-comers list for everything, but I may play two games to see which does better. I'll let you know how each unit does!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x1)

Here are my thoughts:
    • Honestly, I do not like over-boosted commanders (or crisis in general). It's very tempting, but it's still a crisis, it might die from a single damage 8 wound or get stuck in close combat. Also the Helios setup of your commander is quite risky since it's most efficient at 12". JSJ doesn't work perfectly on every board, everytime. It's very annoying to lose such a costy unit. Try about taking a normal fireknife commander and invest the points in some other additional firepower.
    • Restructure your torch squad: 3x Torch-Crisis TL-Fl,DroneC+GunD, this way the squad will cost 123 points and will have 3 gun drones which might come very very handy, since they got the pinning rule (also you'll get more wounds for your squad)
    • Drop the SMS of your hammerhead. It just isn't worth it. Take normal burst canons and use the spare points for other stuff.
    • If you want to use your FW's to actually do something, you have to increase the size of the unit. However, it's much more efficient to mobilize them.
    • Think about using an additional pathfinder squad. Don't forget your fireknifes have a 50% miss rate and reducing cover saves can help you a lot. One single pathfinder squad might die fast, no body likes them. They will get a high position of the priority list of your oponent. I personally take two squads if i can afford to and try to position them quite seperated on the board, this way one of them usually stays alive. (you can also use the second devilfish to mobilize your firewarriors and/or use it as mobile cover for your crisis as well as board control)
    • If you're going to face a lot of MEQ stuff think about switching your torch squad for a deathrain squad(TL-MP,TA). I think they might perform better than torches.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x1)

Well, on the issue of my commander, I'm trying to use him as an early light tank/dread popper, so I can focus heavy firepower elsewhere if need be. Also, the friend I'll be playing likes his termies...I'm hoping that This HQ will be deadly enough to termies, yet still be mobile enough not to get assaulted(although this is a moot point with me as well. The particular friend I'll be playing has horrendous luck. I once took out a squad of his vanguard veterans when he assaulted a single XV8, which was total luck on my part, and is something I don't wish to try to re-do ) I have tried out the Fireknife commander, but I dislike the fact that none of my battlesuits can take out any heavy stuff once it gets near to them. I figure that if any battlesuit should fill that role, it should be the commander, as he has the best chance of survival with the upgrades he has.

I do like the idea of the gun drones in the torch squad, and I can see that it could be useful. However, if I do that, I feel that the Torch squad may be a waste, as I'll be limiting its range to 18 inches, and I want them to be worth it!

More PFs...Well, I wanted this anyways, but couldn't see a way to fit into my army, as I love the large number of battlesuits, the piranhas, and everything else! This is my first upgrade at any higher point levels, but I just couldn't fit it into this list.

As I've already stated, I tried to make this list more of an all-comers, but I may play two games to see how Flamers and Fireknifes compare.

I've edited the previous list to show that I'm giving the HH BCs, my Broadsides will be getting a target lock, and my PFs DF will be getting a Decoy Launcher as well.

Thanks for the feedback, I'll post a battle report so you can see how the game(s) went!
    Last edited by Taubeast; October 1st, 2010 at 16:14.
    Tau Empire: We never stop hiding from you

+ Reply to Thread