<2000 2000- Nidzilla. RAWR! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Senior Member Hive Fleet Macarbe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    128 (x3)

2000- Nidzilla. RAWR!

RAWR! Nidzilla time. So this list is purely for fun not really competitive, what would you change?

HQ:
    Hive Tyrant, 2x brainleech devourers, wings, paroxysm, leech essence, hive commander, old adversary
    Hive Tyrant- 2 x Scything Talons, acid blood, Wings

Elites:
    2x Hive Guards
    2x Hive Guards

Troops:
    Tervigon- Toxin sacs & catalyst
    10x termagaunts
    10x termagaunts

Heavy Support:
    Carnifex, 2x brainleech devourers; Mycetic Spore
    Trygon Prime- Regen
    Tyrannofex, cluster spines, rupture cannon, desiccator larvae

Note- I would like to include a 2nd trygon, but I cant find the points.... suggestions?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

jur
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by New_Nid_Player View Post
    RAWR! Nidzilla time. So this list is purely for fun not really competitive, what would you change?

HQ:
    Hive Tyrant, 2x brainleech devourers, wings, paroxysm, leech essence, hive commander, old adversary
    Hive Tyrant- 2 x Scything Talons, acid blood, Wings

Elites:
    2x Hive Guards
    2x Hive Guards

Troops:
    10x termagaunts
    10x termagaunts

Heavy Support:
    Carnifex, 2x brainleech devourers; Mycetic Spore
    Trygon Prime- Regen
    Tyrannofex, cluster spines, rupture cannon, desiccator larvae

Note- I would like to include a 2nd trygon, but I cant find the points.... suggestions?
    You could remove the Tyrannofex. There are only 3 HS choices possible so that solves the problem. And I don't now if you have played with 2 Tyrannofex. For me it has never done a thing. A trygon is much better.

gr
    Jur

jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

Your list appears to be a paradox. It's a foot list, yet it doesn't have enough firepower, is not very resilient, and does not present enough threats to saturate the enemy. It's a reserves list, yet it's only got 4 threats at most. 2 of those threats, the flyrants are way too easy to drop unless they land far away in cover. Half + half = fail. You need to either focus mainly on a foot list with a few reserves or a reserves list with a few foot elements.

Fire power - 2 squads of 2 hive guards + 1 t-fex isn't really a lot of firepower at all. I would fill up that last elite slot with another unit of hive guards or, in the case of a primarily reserve army, zoans in a spore.

Resiliency - one reason why a walkrant+guard list is so durable is because the tyrant would get cover from the gant screen and the tervigons cover from the tyrant. Here it would be hard to get cover for the tervigons, even if you hide both tervies behind the t-fex. And we all know how fragile flyrants are.

Target saturation (or what I refer as "Maximum overload") - one of the reasons why nids are so dangerous is because they can apply a lot of pressure on the enemy by posing a lot of threats all at once. Here it isn't the case. Trygon and carnie will probably start off in reserve so that's 2 less threats the enemy has to worry about until turns 2-3. If the flyrants start off on the board, they will be toast if the opposing general has any experience with tyranids at all. If they start off the board, then that's another 2 less threats for the opponent to worry about. Experienced players will ignore the t-fex and go after the tervigons and hive guards, and it isn't very hard to get rid of 4 hive guards and thusly, your main source of AT. The target saturation in this army just isn't very high as it is quite easy to pick out who needs to be killed first.
    Record: Win - Loss - Draw: Hive Fleet Pandora (New) 32-6-6 Space Wolf 7th Co. 52-11-6
    Blood Angels 12-4-2 Daemonhunters 20-8-3
    Imperial Guards 12-5-2 Daemons 8-3-2

Senior Member Hive Fleet Macarbe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    128 (x3)

Hmm I see you speak the truth J2, this was just a list I put together to be fun but even so it needs to be semi-competitive, so ill take those pointers into mind when I change it around a bit.

+ Reply to Thread