<2000 "Love da Chop" Newbie needs help with a 1775pt army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Love da Chop" Newbie needs help with a 1775pt army

Good evening Librarium Online, me and a friend decided to start playing warhammer 40k again. (He has played in tournaments before and I'm just a simple collector who wants to see my little horde do well out there). He's playing Necrons, although I'd want my list to be competative against any army out there if I start playing on tournaments and so on.
    Anyway, would you be so kind and spare a minute or two of your lives and take a quick peek at my list here.

Ghazghkull Thraka 225

Big Mek 95
    +Kustom Force Field
    +'eavy armour
    +boss pole

10 Nobz 395
    +Painboy
    +10 CB
    +3 Power klaws
    +2 Big choppas
    +2 shoota/schorcha kombi-weapon
    + Boss pole
    + Waaagh banner

15 Kommandos 275
    +Snikrot
    +2 burnas
    +2 shoota/scorcha Kombi-weapon

20 Slugga Boyz 160
    +Nob
    +BP
    +PK

20 Slugga Boyz 160
    +Nob
    +BP
    +PK

Battlewagon 110
    +deffrolla

Battlewagon 110
    +deffrolla

Battlewagon 110
    +deffrolla

3 Killa kans 135
    +grotzookas

TOTAL: 1775
    Any good? Weaknesses? advantage? I've thought about replacing the killa kans with 3 deffkoptas with a shoota/schorcha kombi-weapon each.
    I got the codex and I've been forum-searching for good/fun combinations of any sort for some time now. Although every army out there is so different from the other. Anyway I hope you can give me som advice to improve this list further. (And I apologize for any grammar/spell mistake so far, I was kinda tired wen I wrote this). Anyway hope you can proide som good feedback. Until then, good night folks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x4)

Ghazzy is out of place in your list. You don't have that many foot slogging troops to make use of his main ability. (Ghazzy lists usually have 80+ footsloggers.) As such, modifying the loadout a bit (maybe taking a mega armored warboss, changing some of the nobz to meganobz) would be a better use of points. (Mega armored warboss, + Cybork + BP, + Troop Mega armored nobz x 3 = 235 points)

Another note...you've also got a ton of points sunk in those nobs. They are extremely vulnerable to certain types of weapons. Everybody knows how to deal with nobz with painboys. Str 8 and/or AP2 weapons nullify FNP. One str 8th ap4 template is enough to wipe out all but your cybork saves (and if they fail, instant death). Cut them down to 5 or so, dump the rest of the points into more kan's, another BW, all sorts of things.

Also you can only have 2 burna's in the kommando squad. No way to get the combiskorcha's in there.
    Last edited by greggles; October 12th, 2010 at 14:10.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry for putting a combi-skorcha i the kommando squad...Must've misplaced it. Anyway thanks for your feedback, and here's an idea of what you just said (making it 1500pt instead):

Warlord 115
    +mega armour
    +cybork armour
    +boss pole

big mek 100
    +kustom force field
    +cybork armour
    +boss pole

6 Meganobz 240

15 Kommandos 275
    +Snikrot
    +2 burnas

30 slugga boyz 220
    +nob
    +power klaw
    +boss pole

30 slugga boyz 220
    +nob
    +power klaw
    +boss pole

Battlewagon 110
    +deffrolla

Battlewagon 110
    +deffrolla

Battlewagon 110
    +deffrolla

TOTAL: 1500pt

How well would this list do?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

192 (x4)

Keep in mind, that even a very small group of meganobz obliterates things.

They hit with 4 (3+1) str 9 (8+1) attacks (on a charge), all which ignore armor. (each meganob!!!).

The megaarmored warboss hit's with 5 str 10 armor ignoring attacks. So basically a small group of 4 is doing roughly 19 str 9+ armor ignoring attacks. There isn't much that can take that kinda of punishment.

The general config is a group of 3-4 meganobz and a mega armored warboss. You can do more if you want, but it's kinda of supreme overkill. You'd be better splitting them into two, and putting one group of 3 with the KFF big mek (and making sure he had a boss pole).

The slugga boyz need to be in smaller groups to fit in the wagons. (BW can fit 20 normal troops, or 10 mega armored ones).

You also don't have any screening forces (nothing like loota's for long range support), or deffchoppta's to try and nail their anti armor early.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How about this? (noticing I'm calculating wrong on the points sometimes)

Warlord 115
    +mega armour
    +cybork armour
    +boss pole

big mek 100
    +kustom force field
    +cybork armour
    +boss pole

3 Meganobz 120

10 Lootas 150

15 Kommandos 275
    +Snikrot
    +2 burnas

20 slugga boyz 150
    +nob
    +power klaw
    +boss pole

20 slugga boyz 150
    +nob
    +power klaw
    +boss pole

Battlewagon 110
    +deffrolla

Battlewagon 110
    +deffrolla

Battlewagon 110
    +deffrolla

deffhopta 45
    +rokkit launcha

deffkopta 45
    + rokkit launcha

TOTAL: 1480

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

192 (x4)

With extra points, put armor plates on the BW's. That way if they get a 2 on the damage table, they can keep moving forward.

Then you'd probably work like this.
    Warboss/meganobz, Big Mek KFF, and meganobz in one BW. When they disembark, the big mek stays in the BW. (So if can keep giving everything a cover save).

The two 19 boyz + nob pk/bp go in the other two BW's. Make sure the battle wagon's have at least 1 or 2 big shoota's, so if there is a weapon destroyed result, it doesn't cause them to become immobilized.

The loota's hang back (can also consider splitting them into two groups of 5...remember the nobz are a troops choice due to the warboss!) and provide long range support, and possibly draw fire.

The deff koppta's turbo boost forward 24 during their scout move, then move 12 (for a total of 36 inches), hopefully getting behind, or at least on the side of any nasty things with anti armor weapons (rail guns, TL lasercannons), and fire away...hopefully wiping them out, or at least drawing fire away from the BW's for a turn or two.

The boyz and nobz do what they do best. BW's dump them, they charge in and get stuck in!

So now, instead of just shooting at 3 BW's, your enemy has to choose to shoot at the two groups of 5 lootas (or 1 group of 10), 3 battle wagons with a 4+ cover save, and two armor destroying deff choppa's at point blank range ready to ruin his day.

And then when he's forgotten...in comes snikrot .

+ Reply to Thread