<2000 1500 New Codex, Lance spam - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My backpack has JETS! Ravendove's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    545 (x8)

1500 New Codex, Lance spam

Just playing around with the new codex rules, thought I'd see how much Lance I could squeeze into 1500.

Haemonculus

3 Trueborn w/ 3 x Blasters
    Raider w/ Dark Lance, Retrofire Jets

5 Wracks
    5 Wracks
    5 Wracks
    5 Wracks
    5 Wracks
    5 Warriors

Ravager w/ 3 x Dark lance, Retrofire Jets
    Ravager w/ 3 x Dark Lance, Retrofire Jets
    Ravager w/ 3 x Dark Lance, Retrofire Jets

1503pts

18 Dark Lances (36" S8 AP2 Heavy 1, Lance)
    9 Blasters (18" S8 AP2 Assault 1, Lance)

Everything can move 12" and fire all weapons, everything can deep strike.
    Haemonculus goes with the Warriors, so all troops choices have FNP.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    188 (x4)

Sorry I haven't had a chance to see the new codex firsthand. Is there a rule that lets the Trueborn still fire when their raider moves 12"?

Also do wracks count as scoring? I sort of assumed that being mindless shamble monstrosities that they wouldn't, but maybe they're not quite as mindless and shambling as grotesques.

As for the list, 12 raiders/ravagers at 1500 points would be pretty intimidating and you have no real priority targets so there's nothing to focus on but this list seems like it'd be not very interesting to play (for either side) and it'll def struggle against infantry hordes (loota spam orks etc.), but I'm thinking you made this list more to see how badly you could break the new codex rather than as a list you'd actually use.
    The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. Bring them understanding of the power of ourselves through our strength and their fear. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all fragments will be smashed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be consumed

My backpack has JETS! Ravendove's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    545 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Bugs_n_Orks View Post
    Sorry I haven't had a chance to see the new codex firsthand. Is there a rule that lets the Trueborn still fire when their raider moves 12"?

Also do wracks count as scoring? I sort of assumed that being mindless shamble monstrosities that they wouldn't, but maybe they're not quite as mindless and shambling as grotesques.

As for the list, 12 raiders/ravagers at 1500 points would be pretty intimidating and you have no real priority targets so there's nothing to focus on but this list seems like it'd be not very interesting to play (for either side) and it'll def struggle against infantry hordes (loota spam orks etc.), but I'm thinking you made this list more to see how badly you could break the new codex rather than as a list you'd actually use.
    Trueborn carry Blasters, which are Assault weapons. Their vehicle is open topped.
    Wracks do (I believe) count as scoring.

It will definitely struggle against Loota spam, for example, but Infantry Hordes in general shouldn't be too bad as they're generally short ranged. Could always swap Wracks for Warriors with Splinter Cannons to lay down a hail of poison fire. But yes, you're right, just playing around and see what can be done.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    430 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Bugs_n_Orks View Post
    Is there a rule that lets the Trueborn still fire when their raider moves 12"?
    I think they are still limited to the normal 6" cruising speed rules.

Lot of lance weapons in the newer books - wonder if blessed hulls will make a reappearance in the GK/inquisition codex.

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x6)

no it's 12 inches. and that DE army will find it hard to beat entrenched units like devestators and guardsmen etc.... for everything else their the dark lance spam.
    Superior stamina may win battles, but the ability to quickly recover wins wars.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    430 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by antique_nova View Post
    no it's 12 inches.
    12" is still cruising speed for raiders isn't it? The question was about passengers firing.

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

105 (x6)

Look up the rule book.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    188 (x4)

I'm with A.T. on this one, the transport rules say
    Quote Originally Posted by rulebook pg. 66
    Models firing from a vehicle count as moving if the
    vehicle moves, and may not fire at all if the vehicle
    moved at Cruising speed that turn.
    Fast vehicles get to fire more weapons when they move at cruising speed than other vehicles but they still count as moving at cruising speed.

I agree that it doesn't make much sense that if their transport moves 12" and they disembark they can shoot, but if they stay on board they can't. Until recently thought that passengers could fire, but I got into an argument about this during a game and couldn't find anything rules wise to back it up.
    The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. Bring them understanding of the power of ourselves through our strength and their fear. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all fragments will be smashed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be consumed

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

105 (x6)

vehicle moves,

Ok, that part is very clear.

and may not fire at all if the vehicle

It doesn't matter if the vehicle is fast, a skimmer or whatever. As long as the vehicle moves at cruising speed, the guys inside can't shoot. It lists vehicles, not specific types. It means all any vehicle.

I hope that helps to clear things up.

thanks
    antique_nova

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

105 (x6)

vehicle moves,

Ok, that part is very clear.

and may not fire at all if the vehicle

It doesn't matter if the vehicle is fast, a skimmer or whatever. As long as the vehicle moves at cruising speed, the guys inside can't shoot. It lists vehicles, not specific types. It means all any vehicle.

I hope that helps to clear things up.

thanks
    antique_nova

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast