<1000 Stupid Sexy Dark Eldar - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x1)

Stupid Sexy Dark Eldar

Damn you Dark Eldar. Your new models are just so damned sweet and fluff is so damned awesome that I must at least get a few of you! I decided to make a Kabal themed army. Oddities I noticed within my list are Mandrakes (don't really fit but I will have them, regardless of anything. They have really beautiful models) and Archon riding with essentially, all shooting guys.

Archon Shadowfield , Husk Blade , Blaster Pistol , Soul Trap = 150 (goes with trueborn)

9 Trueborn with 2 Dark Lance and 3 Blaster
    Raider with Flickeshield, and sail = 278

5 Mandrakes, = 75

10 Warriors with Splinter cannon and Shredder
    Raider with Racks and Flicker and sail = 190

10 Warriors with Splinter cannon and Shredder
    Raider with Racks and Flicker and sail = 190

Ravager, Flickershield, = 115

Another possiblity is to trade trueborn with Incubi at similar point costs to fit better with the theme but I kinda like trueborn better.

“When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a Communist.”

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    188 (x4)

A blast pistol, 3 blasters, and 2 darklances in one unit is overkill unless you know a lot of tyranid players who like to use 3 Trygons at 1000 points, and even then our poison weapons can take care of those. I'd def drop the DLs, they're expensive and you can't use them on the move and maybe the blast pistol as well (such short range and there's already 3 blasters in the squad). Then I'd use the points to get 2 more mandrakes and give the rest of the Trueborn Carbines (and one Splinter cannon since you have 5 points left over).
    The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. Bring them understanding of the power of ourselves through our strength and their fear. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all fragments will be smashed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be consumed

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x1)

Alternative list.

Archon Clone Field, Husk Blade , Phantasm Grenade Launcher , Soul Trap = 160 (goes with incubi)

9 Incubi= 198
    Raider with Flicker, Sail and Ram = 80

5 Mandrakes, = 75

10 Warriors with Splinter cannon and Blaster
    Raider with Flicker = 185

10 Warriors with Splinter cannon and Blaster
    Raider with Flicker = 185

Ravager, Flickershield,Sail = 120

Last edited by Lyuben; October 22nd, 2010 at 12:33.
    “When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a Communist.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

I'd go unit of 10 mandrakes, and go unit of 4 Trueborn and drop the dark lances and move 2 blasters to the warriors. I'd get a Dracon to make the unit slightly killy and assaulty.

Something like 6 Trueborn, ccw and pistols (free) + dracon with agoniser. (thats like 150 points).

On your new list.

9 incubi, is absolutely overkill. To put it simply, 9 Incubi in combat with a squad of marines, will on average, kill 6.5 marines before they even get to strike, and with your archon there as well, it wouldn't be unusual if the entire squad dies.

You don't want to win combat that easily, although i suppose the benefit with the new rules is you get FnP...it just...unless you get in cover, AP2 ignore FnP and your armor. =p
    Last edited by Zidi; October 23rd, 2010 at 18:53.

+ Reply to Thread